Snow days always throw me for a loop. What to do with the kids… make them a day to remember with these 8 indoor snow day activities for kids to do!
After having so, so many of them this year, I’m finding a few types of indoor activities that are my go to activities for these kinds of days, and to make them fun snow days that they kids will remember!
8 sure-fire ways to have a fun snow day with the kids!
Simple, easy to do, and quick indoor snow day activities for kids! Plus there’s always 32 snow theme activities for kids to do too.
- Games, puzzles, coloring books. All very good. My kids are on a game kick right now, so snow days are a perfect time to really get some game action in.
- Tape. Getting the kids moving…. and being stuck inside… usually makes it difficult, but have found tape to be a life saver. Yep. Tape. I love tape activities. From the sticky spider web to mazes on the floor to just a simple line of tape, all work wonders. But my favorite – a bunch of lines of tape on the floor to see how far they can jump (the day will fly by!).
- Couch cushions. Fort building and ‘island’ jumping or walking along all the cushions. Let them find a challenge for the day!
- Scavenger hunts. Whatever it may be. A simple ‘can you find…?’ as you think them up, or a more thought out one that has clues placed around the house for them to solve and find.
- Bring the sand box inside. With rice, flour, oatmeal, whatever you have. Let them drive the cars and trucks in it in a small tub or tray. Or add measuring tools and cups to measure and pour or mix things up.
- A Box. I couldn’t leave out a box. If you’re lucky to have a huge one, go dumpster diving for treasures! Or see what they can make from any kind of box you may have (even a cereal box can lead to something)!
- Crafty stuff. Threading anything is a great calming ‘busy’ activity. Thread a necklace with straws, or a bird feeder with cereal, or use beads to make something special for someone.
- Let them get creative! Lay out a big sheet of paper and see what they come up with! Bonus for putting it in an odd spot – they’ll think its fun! Try the coffee table, the floor, or underneath the table even.
What’s your favorite activity for a Snow Day?
Here’s some more ideas: