These are some awesome science activities for toddlers for a fun science theme, learning all about science.
When I think of science activities, I often just think of science experiments for the kids to do. But science is so much more than that. Its weather, and nature, and biology and so much more.
I actually had a hard time when I jotted down areas of science. Science can also be classifying and sorting and physics, which all to me, tends to blend in with mathematics. So I left certain areas of those out of this selection of science activities for toddlers.
What are science activities?
Science activities can be exploring, observing and taking notes.
Science is about experimenting, trial and error.
Science activities are learning about nature, weather and the world around us.
Science is learning about the human body, animals, and how they all interact.
That’s just science in my own words.
Toddlers obviously can’t understand everything there is to know about science. Or even really grasp the basics. But they can be introduced to the concepts and this is often an area that is so magical for kids. These science activities are fascinating for toddlers!
Now, here’s lots of science activities for toddlers!
Activities for toddlers to experiment, observe, learn and just have fun with!
Nature activities for toddlers:
- Make a nature collage. Easy peasy.
- Toddlers can paint with nature. From No Time for Flash Cards.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt.
- Or toddler will love exploring textures they find in their backyard.
- Toddler love to dig in the dirt and will love to build a nest for the birds!
Explore physics with toddlers:
- Explore gravity!
- G is for Gravity. An experiment from Inspiration Laboratories.
- Paint using gravity in slide painting. From Mess for Less.
Weather activities for toddlers:
- Make outdoor wind chimes.
- Have a windy race inside! It’s super silly.
- Paint puffy clouds. From No Time for Flash Cards.
- Go on a hunt to see if you can make real rainbows.
- Make a set of these weather sensory bottles! From Pocket of Preschool.
Human body activities for toddlers:
- Explore the human body with their own!
- Make a body book. From I Can Teach My Child.
- Have your toddler wash their doll! From Living Montessori Now
- Sing these body songs. From English Club.
Science experiments for toddlers:
- Experiment and make your own lava lamps.
- A hands on sensory wave bottle is fun!
- Have your toddler gather up some of their favorite toys to see if they float or sink.
- Experiment with magic milk and color theory!
- Toddlers love the fizzy magic of baking soda and vinegar! Add a color twist!
- And take that outside with homemade fizzy sidewalk chalk fun.
Find lots of science experiments for preschoolers too!