I’ve been on the hunt for some fun things to do over winter break and made a ‘Winter Break Bucket List‘ free printable for the kids to enjoy a fantastic winter break!
And if you have a snow day coming up, I also have some fun ways to spend a snow day.
This year has been another amazing year to put in the books. I’m excited to spend the next two weeks with family and friends, enjoying the holidays.
So, I may be quiet here on hands on as we grow. In fact, this will likely be my last post of 2015.
Of course, you can find activities to do every day on the hands on as we grow Facebook page and in The Huddle group.
The kids will be home from school for two weeks over the holidays, and as I started thinking of seasonal things we could do, I took a trip down memory lane.
Winter break was such a fun time as a kid! What did you do over winter break?
Share in the comments:
What did you do over Winter Break as a Kid?
What do you do in winter break?
Avoid winter boredom and get into the grove with some fun and simple winter break activities that are perfect to try at home as a family with your kids!
These are some of the fun things I did over winter break as a kid, and some of them are new traditions I want to start with my kids.
Fun Things to Do Over Winter Break:
- Color a coloring page completely
- Cut paper snowflakes
- Make a fort to cover the living room
- Watch a favorite movie inside the fort
- Build a snowman (real or a craft)
- Donate old toys & books to a local charity or daycare
- Make a gingerbread house
- Do a puzzle bigger than you’ve ever done before
- Write a thank you letter for a favorite gift
- Go on a flashlight scavenger hunt
- Make a magazine collage
- Do the ivory soap experiment
- Make a lava lamp
- Have a sleepover
- Stay in pajamas all day
- Play dominoes
- Go sledding
- Drink hot chocolate
- Look at photos from the year
- Do a year-end interview
Print the Winter Break Fun for Kids Free Printable PDF
- Make a card house
- Play cards with family, or learn a solitaire game.
- Go bowling
- Head to the playground, with or without snow
- Make big, BIG art
- Bake cookies
- Make an obstacle course
- Take a kick at easy homemade play dough
- Make a puzzle from a cereal box
- Build a snow fort
- Play dots & boxes
- Play hide & seek
- Solve a Rubik’s cube
- Make a tape maze
- Go ice skating
- Camp out by the Christmas tree
- Create a family tree
- Make a tin can snowman
- Deliver treats to a local care center
- Take an end-of-year family photo
Print the Winter Break Fun for Kids Free Printable PDF!