Make colorful, fun and bright spring art projects for kids!
I am so in the mood for Spring and completely over winter. Even if all the winter crafts are adorably cute.
I need some green and brightness around me!
We have recently moved my office to its own room, and styling it has been fun. I haven’t decorated in years it seems like.
One thing I wanted to make sure I put in the room is a place to display the kids art projects.
I’d been saving this old picture frame for the longest time and it was time to use it. I spray painted it a soft yellow to go with the room since I did blues with a yellow accent.
I turned the frame into a place to display the kids’ art projects, and what better way to get in the mood for Spring than to fill it up with wonderful Spring art projects that the kids make?
Now to really fill that frame with some oh-so-colorful Spring art projects from the kids!
From flowers to rainbows to butterflies and Spring holidays. I found a whole bunch of Spring art projects for kids! I especially love the Spring trees, so I saved those for last!
These are going to look fantastic in that frame!
Spring Art Projects for Kids to Decorate the House!
Flower Art Projects for Kids to Make:
- Multimedia art project makes pretty flowers! Watercolor newspapers and magazines! From Fine Lines.
- Simple cut stencils out in the shape of flowers and spray watercolors! So gorgeous! From Choices 4 Children.
- Reuse the kids paintings and crumple them up to make these 3D flowers for cards!
- Collaging tissue paper onto canvas. I love all the layers! From Studio Kids.
- Simple glue rubbings using hot glue. Simply draw whatever shapes you’d like and rub over them! Fun flower art! From This Little Project.
- Upcycle bottles to make spring flowers! Use a thumbprint for the center.
We have even more flower ideas that are for Mother’s Day!
Rainbow Art Projects for Kids to Make:
- Create a rainbow with a sponge all in one swipe.
- A rainbow made with black glue and salt! Love the texture! From Mess for Less
- Practice color mixing with coffee filter rainbows. From The Kitchen Table Classroom
- Condensed milk paint leaves a shiny rainbow! So pretty! From Momma.Poppa.Bubba.
- Start a rainbow with a rainbow handprint! I love that addition to this cute fine motor craft! From Kids Craft Room
- Brighten up the home with colorful rainbow window art!
There are so many ways to make rainbows! Check out 11 more rainbow activities from hands on moms.
Butterfly Spring Art Projects for Kids to Create:
- Make a pretty coffee filter butterfly – a classic kid craft!
- Gorgeous way to send rainbows fluttering across the floor with a stained glass butterfly. From Typically Simple.
- Create monarch butterflies! I love all the variations! From Kid World Citizen.
- I love the dots in these symmetrical butterfly prints! From Tinkerlab.
- Footprint butterflies, not just for decoration, but a sentimental art project to keep! From Plain Vanilla Mom.
- Reuse your toilet paper tubes to make butterflies. From Crafty Morning.
Easter Egg Art Projects for Kids to Craft
- I love tape resist and a giant Easter tape resist egg is perfect! From Mom to 2 Posh Li’l Divas
- Grab an old toothbrush and splatter paint an Easter egg!
- Break out the plastic eggs early and roll them around to create a fun big art project for kids!
- Crayon and tape resist with some watercolor makes for some pretty eggs to display!
- Shaving cream isn’t just for rainbows! Make marbled eggs too! From The Chocolate Muffin Tree
- Yum! Your kids are sure to gobble up these Easter egg pancakes!
And don’t just stop with eggs for decor, check out these 26 ways to decorate Easter eggs!
Spring Tree Art Projects for Kids to Create,
These are some of my favorite crafts to create!
- A fingerprint Spring cherry tree is so pretty! I love the straw blown tree trunks! From Housing a Forest.
- Arbor Day is in the Spring, make some tape resist trees to celebrate if you can’t plant one yet!
- A simple Spring tree art project with Q-Tip blossoms. So cute! From No Time for Flash Cards.
- Another fingerprint Spring cherry tree, this time with cluster of blossoms to work on counting to 5. From Fun Handprint Art.
- The process of this cherry blossom tree is outstanding! Wetting the paper and watching it spread. From Musing from Kim K.
- Upcycle another bottle to make cherry blossoms! So adorable! From Alpha Mom.
If these 20 Spring art projects for kids to make aren’t enough, there’s 36 spring crafts for kids to make too!