This post is sponsored by BuyPower Card by Capital One. All opinions are my own.
What have you been passionate about this summer?
If you’re like most moms, you’re searching for great family fun and lots of memory-making activities.
Every summer I remember how many summers I have left with the kids before they leave (there are only 18 summers…). And summertime is a magical time for kids; it’s full of childhood memories!
Did you put together your bucket list of things you wanted to do this summer?
Now. Right now! Is the time to do them.
Here’s your reminder… and I’ve put together a list below of 10 super fun family summer activities that you won’t want to miss out on!
Sometimes your passions don’t fit into your budget…I get that! Sometimes family budget needs, like a new car, can put an end to summer family fun… fast.
That’s where the BuyPower Card® from Capital One♦ comes in. You’ll be able to power your passions with a card that helps you save! With this card, you’ll not only be able to pursue epic summer family activities like the ones below, but you’ll also start earning toward that new car your family needs!
Ready to power your passions this summer?
Try a few of these classic family summer fun activities before summer is over!
10 Family Summer Activities to do before summer is over:
- Outdoor Window Painting: Painting doesn’t get more fun than this! Whip up your own window paint and let your kids go to town. Bonus: Once they’re done painting, you can let them wash off the paint for sparkly clean windows! For more “Big Art” ideas this summer, try these genius activities.
- DIY Outdoor Movie Theater: Bring the cinema to your own backyard this summer! If your family is passionate about great movies, why not create your own backyard theater? All it takes is a flat surface and a movie projector, and you’ll be ready for the popcorn in no time.
- Make your own Ice Cream Pops: Making ice cream together is a simple way to create memories and cold goodies for a hot summer’s day. Buy the ingredients with your BuyPower Card, then get ready to chow down! Make your own custom flavors with the kids.
- Host a Water Gun Target Practice: Buy a few water guns for the kids. Then set up a simple target practice. The best part is that when you’re done shooting at the targets, it’s a perfect opportunity to get soaked yourself!
- Enjoy a Movie Day Out: When it’s scorching outside, nothing beats the heat like a watching a movie in a nice, cool movie theater. Find a family favorite playing near you! Or, why not try a classic drive-in theater once the sun goes down?
Keep the family summer fun going…
- Make Wind Chimes for your Backyard Space: Bring a little color and music to your backyard with these simple tin-can wind chimes. Your kids will love seeing their creations on display!
- Have a Giant Bubble Blowing Contest: What’s better than bubbles? Giant bubbles! With your BuyPower Card, you can purchase a giant bubble kit online. Have a family contest to see who can create the most impressive bubble!
- Visit Your Favorite State Park: Ready to pursue your passion for the outdoors with the family this summer? Be sure to check out a few of your local state parks for an adventure to remember. You can find a park near you with a quick search of the National Park Service website.
- Ice Excavation Fun: Try this ice-cold activity for instant summer memories. Just fill an ice-cube tray with fruit, freeze the cubes, and let your kids excavate the buried treasures. You could easily fill the ice cube trays with small toys or other items for even more summer fun!
- Paint with Frozen Paint Cubes: Make messy memories with the kids this summer! Freeze water and paint for a chilly painting activity to beat the summer heat.
Think you can’t afford all this quality family time this summer? These activities are inexpensive! Add to that, when you use the BuyPower Card® from Capital One♦, you can turn anything you buy into Earnings* toward a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle!
Now, you won’t have to choose between the car you need and the family fun you crave. There’s no limit on the amount you can earn or redeem, plus Earnings don’t expire. Get 5% Earnings on your first $5,000 in purchases every year, and unlimited 2% Earnings on purchases after that.
This summer, your passions don’t have to take a backseat to your budget. Whether you spend big or keep it frugal, remember that every penny you spend with your BuyPower Card helps you earn toward your new car goal!
How will you squeeze more fun out of this summer?
*BuyPower Card Earnings may not be used with fleet vehicle incentive programs or with some other offers and discounted sale programs, such as the GM Employee Discount.
♦Capital One, N.A. is the issuer of the BuyPower Card. General Motors is responsible for the operation and administration of the Earnings Program.
Capital One, N.A. is not responsible for the products and/or services offered herein.