What kind of crafts do you think of as must-make summer crafts for kids to create?
Summer is the one of the times I get really excited about crafting. It brings back all the memories of what we made at vacations bible school or summer camps.
There’s a nostalgia there that makes it fun to relive.
I want to be able to create that same nostalgia feeling for my own kids when they’re older. These are some fun summer crafts for kids to make that I think will give them that same feeling.
They do for me!
30 summer crafts for kids to be sure to make this summer!
These 30 crafts I believe to be classic summer crafts for kids. They all give me that warm fuzzy feeling of remembering making them as a child.
- Make tin can wind chimes. (shown above)
- Make and decorate a colorful kite. Better Homes & Gardens
- Make an art masterpiece on a hot day.
- Make a milk carton bird feeder. Pink & Green Mama
- Make a classic butterfly craft.
- Make a bubble snake blower. Skip to My Lou
- Make a tie-dyed t-shirt or pillow case. (shown above)
- Make a flower crown for a king or queen. Artful Parent
- Make an adorable sun mobile. One Charming Party (shown above)
- Make a washer wind chime (wind spinner!). How Wee Learn
- Make spin art streamers for the 4th of July.
- Make clothespins caterpillars. Somewhere in the Middle (shown above)
- Make a sun suncatcher for the window. All Kids Network
- Make paper plate frisbees. Crafts by Amanda
- Make a washer necklace. Small for Big (shown above)
- Make a kaleidoscope. The Chocolate Muffin Tree
- Make a craft stick airplane. The Pleasantest Thing (shown above)
- Make pasta necklaces. Pink Stripey Socks
- Make paper lanterns. Inner Child Fun
- Make stained glass jars. Classic Play
- Make tie dyed looking bookmarks. First Palette
- Make a paper plate tambourine. Creative Family Fun
- Make butterfly wings to wear. Fun at Home with Kids
- Make twig ornaments to hang outside. Happy Hooligans
- Make paper bag masks. Miopop-up Mini
- Make homemade ice cream in a bag.
- Make and decorate walking sticks. Inspired by Familia
- Make a telescope for pretend play.
- Make a windsock from a plastic bottle. Rainy Day Mum
- Make nature suncatchers.
16 more summer crafts for kids can be found on A Mom with a Lesson Plan.
What summer crafts for kids would you add to the list?
Did I miss any classics? Share yours on our Facebook page or in the comments below (whatever’s easiest for you).
Grab the Camp Mom: Summer Activities Pack for more summer crafts and activities for kids to do, along with all the planning help you’ll need.
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.