What kind of crafts do you think of as must-make summer crafts for kids to create? How about some summer crafts for preschoolers?
Here’s 30 classic craft favorites!
Summer is the one of the times I get really excited about crafting. It brings back all the memories of what we made at summer camps or vacation bible school.
There’s a nostalgia there that makes it fun to relive.
I want to be able to create that same nostalgia feeling for my own kids when they’re older.
These are some fun summer crafts for kids to make that I think will give them that same feeling.
They do for me!
30 summer crafts for kids that are so easy (and fun)!
These 30 crafts are what I believe to be classic summer crafts for preschooler and kids of all ages.
They all give me that warm fuzzy feeling of remembering making them as a child.
Fun & Easy Summer Crafts for Kids
- Make tin can wind chimes. Hands On As We Grow
- Make and decorate a colorful kite. Better Homes & Gardens
- Make an art masterpiece on a hot day. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a milk carton bird feeder. Pink & Green Mama
- Make a classic butterfly craft. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a bubble snake blower. Skip to My Lou
- Make a tie-dyed t-shirt or pillow case. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a flower crown for a king or queen. Artful Parent
- Make an adorable sun mobile. About Family Crafts
Classic Summer Crafts for Preschoolers, too!
- Make a washer wind chime (wind spinner!). How Wee Learn
- Make spin art streamers for the 4th of July. Hands On As We Grow
- Make clothespins caterpillars. Somewhere in the Middle
- Make paper plate frisbees. Crafts by Amanda
- Make a washer necklace. Small for Big
- Make a telescope for pretend play. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a kaleidoscope. The Chocolate Muffin Tree
- Make a craft stick airplane. The Pleasantest Thing
- Make pasta necklaces. Pink Stripey Socks
Easy Summer Crafts for Kids to Make
- Make paper lanterns. Inner Child Fun
- Make stained glass jars. Classic Play
- Make tie dyed looking bookmarks. First Palette
- Make a paper plate tambourine. Creative Family Fun
- Make butterfly wings to wear. Fun at Home with Kids
- Make twig ornaments to hang outside. Happy Hooligans
- Make a sun suncatcher for the window. All Kids Network
- Make homemade ice cream in a bag. Hands On As We Grow
Back to the Classic Crafts this Summer!
- Make and decorate walking sticks. Inspired by Familia
- Make a windsock from a plastic bottle. Rainy Day Mum
- Make nature suncatchers. Hands On As We Grow
- Make paper bag masks. Hands On As We Grow
16 more summer crafts for kids can be found on Confidence Meets Parenting.
What would you add to the list?
Did I miss any classics? Share yours on our Facebook page or in the comments below (whatever’s easiest for you).
Grab the Camp Mom: Summer Activities Pack for more summer crafts and activities for kids to do, along with all the planning help you’ll need.