What kind of crafts do you think of as must-make summer crafts for kids to create? How about some summer crafts for preschoolers?
Summer is the one of the times I get really excited about crafting. It brings back all the memories of what we made at summer camps or vacation bible school.
There’s a nostalgia there that makes it fun to relive.
I want to be able to create that same nostalgia feeling for my own kids when they’re older. These are some fun summer crafts for kids to make that I think will give them that same feeling.
They do for me!
30 summer crafts for kids that are so easy (and fun)!
These 30 crafts are what I believe to be classic summer crafts for preschooler and kids of all ages.
They all give me that warm fuzzy feeling of remembering making them as a child.
Fun & Easy Summer Crafts for Kids
- Make tin can wind chimes. Hands On As We Grow
- Make and decorate a colorful kite. Better Homes & Gardens
- Make an art masterpiece on a hot day. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a milk carton bird feeder. Pink & Green Mama
- Make a classic butterfly craft. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a bubble snake blower. Skip to My Lou
- Make a tie-dyed t-shirt or pillow case. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a flower crown for a king or queen. Artful Parent
- Make an adorable sun mobile. About Family Crafts
Classic Summer Crafts for Preschoolers, too!
- Make a washer wind chime (wind spinner!). How Wee Learn
- Make spin art streamers for the 4th of July. Hands On As We Grow
- Make clothespins caterpillars. Somewhere in the Middle
- Make paper plate frisbees. Crafts by Amanda
- Make a washer necklace. Small for Big
- Make a telescope for pretend play. Hands On As We Grow
- Make a kaleidoscope. The Chocolate Muffin Tree
- Make a craft stick airplane. The Pleasantest Thing
- Make pasta necklaces. Pink Stripey Socks
Easy Summer Crafts for Kids to Make
- Make paper lanterns. Inner Child Fun
- Make stained glass jars. Classic Play
- Make tie dyed looking bookmarks. First Palette
- Make a paper plate tambourine. Creative Family Fun
- Make butterfly wings to wear. Fun at Home with Kids
- Make twig ornaments to hang outside. Happy Hooligans
- Make a sun suncatcher for the window. All Kids Network
- Make homemade ice cream in a bag. Hands On As We Grow
Back to the Classic Crafts this Summer!
- Make and decorate walking sticks. Inspired by Familia
- Make a windsock from a plastic bottle. Rainy Day Mum
- Make nature suncatchers. Hands On As We Grow
- Make paper bag masks. Hands On As We Grow
16 more summer crafts for kids can be found on Confidence Meets Parenting.
What summer crafts for kids would you add to the list?
Did I miss any classics? Share yours on our Facebook page or in the comments below (whatever’s easiest for you).
Grab the Camp Mom: Summer Activities Pack for more summer crafts and activities for kids to do, along with all the planning help you’ll need.