We have always wanted a garden. We have an enormous backyard. But we also have deer like crazy, so I always nix the idea. I’m not about to put that much effort into growing a garden only for the deer to eat it.
But right now, things are changing because we are building a garage. And with that, will come a better space for a garden, closer to the house, more protected from animals.
I can’t wait to start a garden with the kids.
Because of the garage project, we have an enormous dirt pile in our backyard right now. So to say things are messy, is kind of an understatement. We are constantly dragging dirt in the house, day after day. Much like it will be after working in the garden with the kids.
But we love messy play and I want them to get dirty and enjoy their childhood. Thank goodness that our sponsor, Clorox makes it super easy to clean up the messes with their clever cleaning hacks and handy supplies!
Gardening is not going to be different when the garage is built. Tracking in the dirt is going to continue to happen long after the dirt pile goes away.
I am so excited to have a garden, I’m brainstorming things the kids can help with to make it their own garden. There’s so much learning going on with gardening!
Prepping the Garden with Kids
- How to plant and start seeds with kids. From Buggy & Buddy
- Section off a part of the garden, for the kids to have a garden of their own. From Keep It Simple Sister
- Get kids involved in the planting and measuring distances of how far apart plants need to be. From The Educators’ Spin On It
- Make plant markers and spell the plant names with beads. From Meaningful Mama
- Make rock plant markers. From Rainy Day Mum
Take Care of the Garden with the Kids
- Get kids involved in composting. From Kid World Citizen
- Or learn about composting on a smaller scale. From How Wee Learn
- Make their very own watering can to water the plants with. From Mess for Less
- Kids love to help weed! From Capri + 3
Have fun in the Garden with the kids
- Go on a garden scavenger hunt! From Go Explore Nature
- Paint with nature’s paintbrushes. From Learning 4 Kids
- Make garden soup. From Happy Hooligans
- Of course, eat what you grow!
Just remember that the dirt from the garden can be cleaned up. Stains will be fond memories.
$50 AMEX Gift Card Giveaway
Enter to win a $50 AMEX Gift Card by commenting below with your favorite cleaning tip!
Need some ideas? Find some in the Clorox Tips.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/15/15 – 6/29/15. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. This giveaway is open worldwide to participants age 18 or older. The Official Rules are available here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clorox via Rhythm One. The opinions and text are all mine.