Halloween offers so much opportunity to do themed activities for kids! Here are 15 simple Halloween activities that preschoolers will love!
Halloween may not be one of the ‘major’ holidays like Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving… you know, where you get the entire family together for a feast.
However, Halloween sure does bring out some awesome activities to do with the kids!
There’s hundreds of ideas floating around, of course, and I’m sharing with you 15 of our Halloween activities that we’ve done here on Hands On As We Grow.
Don’t forget to browse the 60 Halloween activities for kids that have been featured here, too (they’re listed at the end!).
Halloween Activities Perfect for Preschoolers:
Here are some hands on fun and simple activities to do with your kids this Halloween.
- After some Halloween sensory play with shaving cream, cut out some ghosts and spider webs to decorate!
- Pick out some pumpkins that resemble your family and make them into mummies for a table decoration!
- Create monsters with yarn and glue. Add some monster touches and hang on a Halloween monster tree!
- Kids can get crafty in this Halloween activity with toilet paper tubes and crepe paper to make candy holders!
- Use tape in a doorway (or hallway) and make a sticky spider web to catch ‘flies’!
- Dye cooked spaghetti the color of your choice. Add some ‘glue’ to the mix and make spider webs to hang in the window!
- Having a Halloween party? Make these monster treat bags during the party for take home treats!
- Add zits, eyes and hair to some odd looking pumpkins to make them into monsters!
- Skip the scary and spooky activities this Halloween with a super fun not-so-spooky spider hunt in the dark for kids.
- This not-so-spooky spider handprint is also a window cling for the whole family to make!
- Have a Halloween pajama party with this easy Halloween themed reading fort idea.
Halloween Sensory Activities:
These are some kids sensory activities for toddlers and preschoolers to explore this Halloween season.
- Add food coloring to shaving cream and let your toddler (and preschooler) enjoy the gooey-ness of it all!
- Add food coloring and oil to cooked spaghetti and let your toddler mix up some slimy spaghetti potions!
- Put hair gel (and food coloring if necessary) along with monster features, such as googly eyes, in a baggy for some sensory exploration!
- Dress up a gingerbread boy as a mummy for a tasty (and smelly) treat for the holiday to make with the kids!
Browse 40 more Halloween Activities to try with your kids!
More Halloween crafts and activities for the kids to do:
- 14 Monster Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Spider Web Crafts for Kids
- 15 Friendly Ghost Crafts for Kids
- Some Spooky Halloween Ideas for Kid
- 40 Pumpkin Activities for Kids to Play, Make and Learn
- 35 Pumpkin Crafts for Kids