For a number of reasons, the first being we didn’t want JDaniel to accidentally knock over the tree or try to climb it, we haven’t had a full size Christmas tree.
We have had a table top tree instead.
This year things will be different.
We are going to put up a full size tree and I thought it would be fun to have JDaniel make some ornaments for it.
Christmas Card Ball:
This ornament is super easy to make and looks so pretty when it is done.
- Old Christmas cards
- Hole punch
- Brass fasteners
- Cut the front of a Christmas card into strip a half an inch wide.
- Place a hole in the same spot at the top and bottom of each card.
- Stack the strips in the order they appeared on the front cover from left to right.
- Place a brass fastener in the holes at the top and bottom of the strips.
- Slowly pull each strip to the left until each strip is free of the others in the stack. You may need to bend the strips a little at the top and bottom to form a ball.
Ice Cream Cup Stick Snowflakes:
- Ice cream cup sticks
- Glitter Glue
- Place glitter glue on a ice cream cup stick in globs and smear all over the front of the stick.
- Place a second stick on top of the first and repeat the process.
- Keeping adding sticks to the stack until it looks like a snowflake to you.
Reindeer Handprint Ornament:
- A sheet of brown felt or foam
- Brown paint
- Glittery pipe cleaner
- Hole punch
- Cardboard from a cereal box
- Red marker
- Dip your child’s hand into brown paint and help them press it onto the brown foam/felt.
- Glue the foam or felt onto a piece of cardboard cut from a cereal box with the colored side of the box facing out.
- After letting it dry, cut around the handprint.
- Using a hole punch create an eye hole in the palm of your handprint just above the thumb.
- Color the tip of thumbprint red with the marker.
- Cut a small slit in the palm of the handprint and thread the pipe cleaner through it.
More Christmas Ornaments:
- 30 Homemade Christmas Ornaments for the Kids
- Christmas Tree Ornament
Plus more ways to make snowflakes! Check out these 30 ideas to make a snowflake!