For a number of reasons, the first being we didn’t want JDaniel to accidentally knock over the tree or try to climb it, we haven’t had a full size Christmas tree.
We have had a table top tree instead.
This year things will be different.
We are going to put up a full size tree and I thought it would be fun to have JDaniel make some ornaments for it.
Christmas Card Ball:
This ornament is super easy to make and looks so pretty when it is done.
- Old Christmas cards
- Hole punch
- Brass fasteners
- Cut the front of a Christmas card into strip a half an inch wide.
- Place a hole in the same spot at the top and bottom of each card.
- Stack the strips in the order they appeared on the front cover from left to right.
- Place a brass fastener in the holes at the top and bottom of the strips.
- Slowly pull each strip to the left until each strip is free of the others in the stack. You may need to bend the strips a little at the top and bottom to form a ball.
Ice Cream Cup Stick Snowflakes:
- Ice cream cup sticks
- Glitter Glue
- Place glitter glue on a ice cream cup stick in globs and smear all over the front of the stick.
- Place a second stick on top of the first and repeat the process.
- Keeping adding sticks to the stack until it looks like a snowflake to you.
Reindeer Handprint Ornament:
- A sheet of brown felt or foam
- Brown paint
- Glittery pipe cleaner
- Hole punch
- Cardboard from a cereal box
- Red marker
- Dip your child’s hand into brown paint and help them press it onto the brown foam/felt.
- Glue the foam or felt onto a piece of cardboard cut from a cereal box with the colored side of the box facing out.
- After letting it dry, cut around the handprint.
- Using a hole punch create an eye hole in the palm of your handprint just above the thumb.
- Color the tip of thumbprint red with the marker.
- Cut a small slit in the palm of the handprint and thread the pipe cleaner through it.
More Christmas Ornaments:
Plus more ways to make snowflakes! Check out these 30 ideas to make a snowflake!
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.