Mother’s Day is upon us this weekend.
Don’t let it slip by without something homemade from the kids!
Okay, I know you don’t have to do this, but its something we started doing a couple years ago for the Grandmas. At first it was just homemade cards, but now we’re getting a little craftier as Henry gets older.
We’re stuck on flowers in this house. Flowers just seem fitting for Mother’s Day, don’t they?
A few flower ideas to get your wheels turning, wouldn’t hurt would it? It always does for me, and now that I’ve looked these all up again, I’m kicking myself for not doing some of these other flower ideas that are so incredibly cute!
- Try making some coffee filter flowers by dipping them in watercolors!
- Simple tissue paper flowers are super easy to make, decorate them with markers and crayons if you’d like!
- Sticky contact paper is a fun for the kids to use to create with. Cut the collage into flowers!
- Use a variety of painting techniques and make some flower wall art for Mom!
- Make some snowflake-like flowers for Mom, simple and cute idea found at Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
- Paper cups can make a cute flower, too! These could be great for a front of a Mother’s Day card! Toddler Approved has the how-to.
- Layered paper art turned into beautiful flowers. Multiples & More has a seriously to die for art that Mom would hang on her wall for ages.
- Accordion style cuteness! A whole lineup of crafty flowers that look so simple and so adorable. Mom would love these from Make and Takes.
- A bunting of daffodils using egg cartons for their centers! NurtureStore is so creative as usual!
- Go on a nature hunt and make a bracelet from real flowers for Mom! Frog, Goose and Bear made a beautiful corsage!
Don’t forget to make a vase to stick the flowers in for Mom, too! We made a yarn wrapped vase this year.
Or just pick your mom some flowers from your own yard! Let your kid pick what they like around the house. Hey, dandelions are a favorite of most kids, let them pick at their own will!