How to paper mache and make a Bunny for an Easter craft from Spanish4Kiddos!
I’ve never paper mache’d with the kids, so I’m excited for this tutorial! And what a fun Easter craft to do!
Easter can be a great time to get together with family and friends. And it can be more fun when children celebrate this holiday. A bunny paper mache is a great project to keep kids busy and entertained.
In this project, you’ll be making a bunny using paper mache. This art technique is a great method to make piñatas, boxes, masks, and other toys. To use it as a piñata, add candy inside the balloon before blowing it up. Then, break the balloon once the paper mache is dried.
Materials to Paper Mache:
- Newspaper strips
- Construction paper
- Wiggly eyes
- Black and white felt
- Yellow and white fuzzy sticks
- Heating Pan
- Safety scissors
How to make the paper mache:
- Place 1 1/2 cups of flour in a pan.
- Add 1 cup of water. If necessary, add 2-3 tbsp. of water.
- Heat the mixture until most of the clumps are dissolved.
- Cool the mixture in a separate container.
How to make the paper mache bunny:
- Cut small strips of newspaper and set aside.
- Blow up a balloon.
- Start to dip the strips of newspapers into the mixture.
- Add to the balloon. After all the strips are done, set aside.
- Paint the dried paper mache balloon with yellow paint.
- Add wiggly eyes. Use felt to make the nose. Paste with glue.
- Twist the fuzzy sticks to make the whiskers. Paste with glue.
- Use construction paper to make bunny ears. Paste by folding the bottom of the paper.
- Display your bunny paper mache as it is or use it as a piñata.
Barbara Mascareno is a bilingual tutor in Spanish, math, and science. She is the creator of Spanish4Kiddos Tutoring Services, a tutoring source for parents and students. As an educator, she believes in a better education for all children. Connect with her at Spanish4Kiddos, follow her on Twitter or Facebook.
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.