The great thing about tape is it gets the kids moving indoors. When its too hot, or too cold to be moving outside doing activities with sidewalk chalk, you can come inside and learn with tape!
25 ways to learn indoors with tape, not just learn either, but active learning! It will be lots of fun this winter when we’re stuck indoors!
Ways to Learn Indoors with Tape: ABCs, Letters and other Literacy Activities
- Create a tape maze to have the kids find their way through the alphabet from A to Z.
- Just have the kids make tape letters. – And Next Comes L
- Tape out large tape letters on the floor for the kids to walk along. – Words of His Heart
- Outline those same taped letters with objects from around the house. – 3 Dinosaurs
- Make a spelling mat (or math mat) with taped letters. – Banana Splits
Ways to Learn Indoors with Tape: 123s, Numbers, and other Math Activities
- Use a road of tape as an activity course for kids to count through and do something before continuing on. -JDaniel4’s Mom
- Create a tape maze to have the kids find their way and count (hint: adjust the numbers to their ability!).
- For older kids, learn about perimeter and areas of shapes. – Day Dreaming Maths
- Practice numbers with some hopscotch, adjust the numbers to what they’re working on! – Totally Tots
- Use tape pieces to count, try mitten math, or make it whatever theme works for the season or holiday! – Toddler Approved
Bonus: Lots of fun move and learn activities to learn math can be found at Toddler Approved too! Plus, you’ll find many activities in our 40 Awesome Number Activities for Preschoolers.
Ways to Learn Indoors with Tape: Shape Activities
- Tape out shapes on the floor and roll a ball across to see what shape it lands on.
- Make a graph with tape and sort blocks by shape, or even color.
- Play an active tape shape game to learn shapes, and even sneak in letters! – Toddler Approved
- Play bean bags to work on shapes and numbers. – Somewhat Muddled Musings
- Tape shapes and walk along them, but also count their sides and match up numbers. – I Can Teach My Child
- Match cutout shapes to big shapes taped on the floor. -Toddler Approved
- Tape out shapes on the floor and fill them in with blocks, it takes skill to fill it up just right.
Bonus: Find other fun ways to learn shapes with toddlers.
Ways to Learn Indoors with Tape: Practice Gross and Fine Motor Skills
- Make a giant tape road through the house to drive through.
- Make road tracks from tape all around the house (literally, on the walls, chairs, everything!) – Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Set up lines of tape as a goal to jump to. How far can the kids jump?
- Practice balancing while walking along lines of tape. Even blow pom poms along them.
- Or balance along the lines of tape while picking up objects! – Smiling Colors
- Crawl and carefully pick pom poms off of tape through a giant spider web of tape.
- Throw newspapers at a giant tape spider web to see how many you can stick!
- Don’t forget plain ol’ hopscotch or a game of bullseye either! – What to Expect
Bonus: Get preschoolers moving and learning all sorts of ways with these 30 move & learn activities for preschoolers.
7-Day Activity Challenge to Do with Your Preschooler
Say YES! I will do activities with my preschooler this week.
Enter your email here to get access to the 7-day challenge of activities for your preschooler. You'll get 7 days of activities that are perfect to do with your preschooler and will spark your creativity and fun! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- More information.
$36 ADD TO CART