Fall is the perfect time to enjoy apples, pumpkins, and beautifully colored leaves. Try these leaf themed activities, books, crafts and snacks that Brigitte’s collected!
Everything about Fall just begs for cute crafts and yummy snacks. It’s a great season to cozy up with a good book or enjoying a fun activity.
50+ Fall Leaf Themed Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks
Even if you don’t live where leaves turn vibrant colors, you can still have fun with these leaf themed activities, crafts, books, and snacks.
Super Fun Leaf Themed Activities
If you would like to do something more than jumping and playing in leaves, look no further.
Learn colors, count, perform science experiments, and get moving with these leaf themed activities.
- Learn how to preserve leaves with this idea from Buggy and Buddy.
- Practice color matching and counting with this fall leaf sorting activity found on Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
- Work on counting with this fall leaves number matching activity from Schooling a Monkey.
- Have fun gathering and sorting leaves with this fall leaf hunt as seen on This Little Home of Mine.
- Match letters, color leaf pictures, and practice graphing with these fall freebies found on Flying into Learning.
- Make some leaf rubbings and then do a leaf rubbings nature match up as seen on Hands On As We Grow.
- Discover why leaves change color with an experiment from How Wee Learn.
- Explore colors and chlorophyll just like A Little Pinch of Perfect’s experiment.
- Learn how leaves breathe with an experiment from Edventures With Kids.
- Find out how water travels through leaves as seen on Buggy and Buddy.
- Use leaves to learn about symmetry without worksheets as seen on Hands On As We Grow.
- Try a fall leaf match to practice symmetry using colorful craft foam leaves as seen on Little Family Fun.
- Practice fine motor skills with this leaf lacing activity as seen on Happy Hooligans.
- Let your kids “blow leaves away” with these homemade leaf blowers as seen on Hands On As We Grow.
- Play with a leaf sensory bin as seen on Teaching Mama.
Make the season more fun with 22 Simple Fall Activities for Toddlers.
Get Crafty With Leaves
Decorate your house this fall with these leaf themed crafts.
- Create a zoo of animals with these leaf animals as seen on Crafty Morning.
- Make a family of leaves with these leaf people as seen on Fantastic Fun and Learning.
- Cute little leaf people, as seen on Hands On As We Grow, with brighten your day.
- Brighten up your windows with this fall leaf suncatcher collage from Hands On As We Grow.
- Create beautiful marbled fall leaves with Teaching with TLC’s craft.
- Have fun sculpting and painting your own beautiful diy leaf clay bowls with an idea from Emma Owl.
- This marker leaf print, seen on 123 Homeschool 4 Me, could be used to make beautiful wrapping paper.
- Try a painted leaf print from Meaningful Mama.
- Make a beautiful leaf wreath as seen on Crafts For All Seasons.
We love these ideas for 45 Fall Tree Crafts for Kids to Make!
Enjoy a Leaf Snack
Doing activities and crafts can build up quite an appetite. You can continue with the fall leaf theme and enjoy one (or more) of these tasty treats!
- Enjoy some cheesy crescent roll leaves as seen on Hungry Happenings.
- Make and enjoy a leaf cheese wreath platter as seen on The Yummy Life.
- Talk about colors as you enjoy this fall leaf snack as seen on Pre-K Pages.
- Try painting before eating this fall leaves painted toast as seen on Munchkins and Moms.
- Make some cheese snack crackers with only three ingredients as seen on Buggy and Buddy.
- Create a colorful fall tree before eating it as seen on Fantastic Fun & Learning.
Go beyond jack-o-lanterns with 40 Pumpkin Activities for Kids.
Leaf Through Some Books
Curl up together and read all about fall leaves with some books you may be able to find at your local library.
Attention: These are affiliate links to help support this website for your convenience at no additional cost to you.
- A Tree for All Seasons by Robin Bernard
- Autumn is Here! by Heidi Pross Gray
- Fall is Here! by Fhiona Galloway
- Autumn Leaves Fall From the Trees by Lisa Bell
- Awesome Autumn by Bruce Goldstone
- Fall Leaves by Don L. Curry
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk
- Fall Leaves by Loretta Holland
- Crayola Fall Colors (Crayola Seasons) by Mari Schuh
- Fall Leaves by Erika L. Shores
- Fall Leaves Change Colors by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld
- Fancy Nancy and the Fall Foliage by Jane O’Connor
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson
- I Love Fall (A Touch & Feel Boardbook) by Alison Inches
- Fall Leaves Fall by Zoe Hall
- I See Fall by Charles Ghigna
- Fall Leaves Colorful and Crunchy by Martha E. H. Rustad
- I See Fall Leaves by Mari Schuh
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- Leaves Fall Down by Lisa Bullard
- Leaves in Fall by Martha E. Rustad
- Let it Fall by Maryann Cocca-Leffler
- Mouse’s First Fall by Lauren Thompson
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- Squirrel in Autumn by Lizelot Versteeg
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger
- What Happens to Leaves in Fall? by Rebecca Felix
- Why Do Leaves Change Colors? by Betsy Maestro