Learning activities for toddlers are pretty much as basic as it gets when it comes to intentional learning activities.
These learning activities are more to introduce a concept to the toddler then to test his knowledge on it.
Some basic things an older toddler will start to learn are:
- Differentiating colors
- Differentiating shapes
- Recognizing letters
- Recognizing numbers
I’ve collected a few activities to get your wheels turning on how to help a toddler start to recognize these.
14 Learning Activities Geared Toward Toddlers:
Toddler Activities for Learning Colors & Shapes:
- Make a Rainbow with Toys from hands on : as we grow
- Color Wheel Hunt with Toys from Toddler Approved
- Match Colors & Patterns with Paper from hands on : as we grow
- Color Sort with Pom Poms from 1+1+1=1
- Color Sort with Crayons from hands on : as we grow
- Make Shapes with Velcro Sticks from For the Love of Learning
- Sort Blocks by Shape & Color from hands on : as we grow
- Fit Blocks Together to Make a Puzzle from hands on : as we grow
Toddlers Activities to Learn ABCs and 123s:
- Fizzy Spraying Letters from hands on : as we grow
- Go on a Letter Hunt from Playdough to Plato
- Letter and Name String Hunt from hands on : as we grow
- Disappearing Letters from No Time For Flash Cards
- Number Sensory Art from hands on : as we grow
- Sponge Number Art from Rockabye Butterfly
Don’t forget to check out these other toddler resources!
- 50 Activities Just for your Toddler
- 30 Creative Toddler Craft & Art Projects
- 10 Indoor Activities for Toddlers
If your toddler already has a good start at his ABCs and 123s, check out these additional resources for more advanced kids activities:
- 40 Awesome Number Activities for Preschoolers
- 50 Incredible Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
- 35 Name Activities for Preschoolers
I’ve been trying to brainstorm all the areas that toddlers are learning. Obviously, they’re learning all the time and any activity is a learning activity to them. But I’m curious what specific areas does a toddler learn in besides the ones I mentioned above?
What is your toddler learning?
Find more 10 indoor toddler activities!
The DISCOVER + PLAY eBooks have a combined 10 weekly plans of activities that are perfect for the toddler age. Fun ways to get one and two year olds moving, work on fine motor, do arts and craft projects and have fun as a family! Each weekly plan includes a handy supply list and activities broken down to know exactly what to do in a simple sentence or two.
7-Day Activity Challenge to Do with Your Toddler
Say YES! I will do activities with my TODDler this week.
Enter your email here to get access to the 7-day challenge of activities for your toddler. You'll get 7 days of activities that are perfect to do with your toddler and will spark your creativity and fun! You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.