Do you have a hard time finding the perfect gifts for young kids in your life?
Whether they’re your own, or they’re cousins, nieces or nephews. Its always tough for me to find gifts that are fun and something different, but yet something that will also get used.
I’ve been having a hard time finding and deciding what to get my own boys this Christmas. I asked the hands on : as we grow Facebook fans the other day what their child’s favorite toys are at the moment to get some good ideas.
My goal was to find out what kids are actually playing with and can’t put down.
I can’t stand having so many toys in the house anymore. Not to mention them being a waste of money if they’re not played with.
If I’m going to add more to the piles, they better be ones they can’t put down…
Another way to be meaningful within your means is to decorate for Christmas with the kids’ creations!
Check out our 10 Christmas decorations made by kids.
This is the list of favorite gifts for young kids my readers of came up with. Its amazing and I’ve found so many awesome ideas for my own kids.
[Now I just have to narrow it down because they’re not going to get them all!]
Favorite Gifts for Young Kids:
This list contains affiliate links that help support hands on : as we grow with no additional cost if you purchase. Thanks for always helping out!
- Legos. Of course this would be on the list! Henry loves Lego City. But what’s even better, is that there’s Lego Juniors. I got George a set of these for his birthday this past fall. They’re the perfect gift for little brother or sister who wants to play with the older one’s Legos but really just can’t do it quite yet. This is the set we got him, and the set we’re getting him for Christmas.
- Snap Circuits. This is something new to me, but I absolutely love this idea! Kids can learn about electricity and circuits. What’s also cool is that they also have a junior edition: Snap Circuits Junior.
- Pogo Stick. I would have never, ever thought of getting the kids a pogo stick if a reader hadn’t mentioned it. I think this idea is brilliant! What a fun way for them to work on gross motor skills. This also reminded me of those bouncing platform balls that I had as a kid [who knew they still made them!?]
- Frozen Princesses and Dolls. This was mentioned a lot by readers. Of course! I found this set geared for a wee bit younger. I fell in love with it because Sven and Olaf are included! Adorable set.
- The Lego Movie or Frozen. Yep.
- A Lalaloopsie doll. I had to search to see what this was, its so adorable! This one has snacks with it and would be great for pretend play! But there’s many others to choose from too.
- Leapfrog Tablet. We don’t personally have one, but I’ve heard good things from those that do. We personally have the iPad as well as the Kurio Tablet that I shared about here.
- Magna Tiles. I have seen so many activities done with these, I’m not sure why I haven’t gotten these yet. They’re obviously well played with and versatile to different ages.
- Craft Kits. I just shared about how these from Artterro make the perfect gift suggestion for grandparents in a newsletter. They’re great. They provide entertainment with an activity and make a wonderful keepsake!
- Gold Sword from Minecraft. While we haven’t gotten into Minecraft [yet!], this would be fun for the kids who is!
- Telescope or binoculars. We’re going with binoculars this year so the kids can track around the backyard with it.
- Water Beads. Again, I have seen so many activities done with these. We have yet to explore them for some reason and they may just be a great stocking stuffer!
- Stuffed Animals. These are always a winner in our house. We found some huge dinosaurs at our Menard’s this year.
- Notebooks & Pens. I think these would make excellent stocking stuffers! Especially for kids learning to read and write.
- Books. Don’t forget these!
Please share your favorite gifts for kids! What are your kids playing with? What do they love and can’t put down?