Since I shared a few gross motor activities to do last week on It’s Playtime, I thought I’d turn it around and focus on the little things, like a few fine motor activities.
To have lots of inspiration for fine motor activities, check out our 30 activities and materials that promote fine motor skills.
(above, from top, left to right)
- Making Boys Men makes DIY scratch art (on our to do list!) and makes designs in it. Fabulous way to work on little hand movement!
- Weaving with wool to make a spider web from Adventures at Home.
- Button sorting from Learning 4 Kids not only works on fine motor control, but also develops sorting skills.
- Smiling Like Sunshine glues little seeds to make an autumn tree!
- Play dough manipulation is awesome for fine motor development. Learners in Bloom makes pumpkin faces with play dough! Here’s my favorite tips on how to make homemade play dough.
- Praises of a Wife and Mommy works with little marshmallows to make these adorable mummies for Halloween!