We like to move around here. I guess that’s what two boys do. And I’m sure it doesn’t just apply to boys either!
It’s also great for them to be doing, so I encourage it. (It usually makes bedtime go easier too!)
Something to do outside before it gets too chilly, or bring the fun indoors too! You can work on gross motor skills while inside on a rainy or snowy day!
These are some fun movement activities that I found on It’s Playtime last week! Join us this week with your play ideas too, and find all sorts or inspiration for play in the party below.
More inspiration of 70 gross motor activities can be found here on the blog too. Its one of my favorite types of activities to collect. So check out the first collection of 30 gross motor activities, as well as the second collection with 40 more gross motor ideas!
(above, from top, left to right)
- Making Boys Men has a lot of ideas for chestnuts [conkers], but one gets the kids moving! Have a conker and spoon race!
- Explore wind with leaves! from The Educators’ Spin On It.
- Of course! Play in the the leaves! Join 3 Dinosaurs in the fun!
- Add learning to a spider web and make an ABC obstacle course.
- Or just make a giant indoor spider web with string like Craft, Interrupted!
- Make a giant tape road, from MumCentral, to drive along.
- Paint bubble wrap, make it big. An Everyday Story adds a mirror to the process that I find amazing!