7 super simple gross motor activities that are perfect for fall! These physical activities are sure to be winners with your kids this autumn!
We like to move around here. I guess that’s what two boys do. And I’m sure it doesn’t just apply to boys either!
It’s also great for them to be doing, so I encourage it. (It usually makes bedtime go easier too!)
These autumn activities are something physical to do outside before it gets too chilly, or bring the fun indoors too!
You can work on gross motor skills while inside on a rainy or snowy day!
7 Gross Motor Activities Perfect for Fall
- Making Boys Men has a lot of ideas for chestnuts [conkers], but one gets the kids moving! Have a conker and spoon race!
- Explore wind with leaves! from The Educators’ Spin On It.
- Of course! Play in the the leaves! Join 3 Dinosaurs in the fun!
- Add learning to a spider web and make an ABC obstacle course.
- Or just make a giant indoor spider web with streamers like Lessons For Learners!
- Grab a flashlight and go for a night time adventure with our not-so-spooky spider hunt in the dark!
- How about an indoor fall gross motor apple picking activity!
Bonus Gross Motor Activities You Can Also Do in the Fall
While they’re not really ‘fall’ related, they’re very much movement related. And they kind of steal my heart by using tape (have you seen our sticky spider webs?) and by doing big art. Not to mention this scavenger hunt gross motor activity can be done outdoors any time of year including fall.
- Make a giant tape road, from Living Well Mom, to drive along.
- Paint bubble wrap, make it big. An Everyday Story adds a mirror to the process that I find amazing!
- Try working on your sense of touch with this texture scavenger hunt.
More Gross Motor Inspiration
More inspiration our Top 35 gross motor activities can be found here on the blog too. Its one of my favorite types of activities to collect. So check out the first collection of 30 gross motor activities, as well as the second collection with 40 more gross motor ideas!