It’s apple picking time which also means its time to share some apple activities for kids!
Yes, there’s also some pretty darn cute apple crafts you can do with the kids. But these are just activities that use actual apples in them! Stock up and have fun with it!
We have a nice apple tree in our backyard, as well as at Grandma’s house, so we get lots and lots of apples! But don’t nearly get through them all every year.
This year, I’m bummed. We are in the midst of a big backyard and garage project and the big machines knocked the apple blossoms off the tree! So we don’t have any apples…
So we’ll be heading to Grandma’s house to do some of these crazy apple activities!
I never knew there was so much do to with apples!
Doing fun things with apples. Learning with apples. Cutting them open to see what’s inside (and what to do with them!)!
I’ve found tons of apple activities for kids to do!
Plus, I even included some fun apple treats at the end! You’ll want to make those with the kids for another activity! The kids will love to taste what they made.
These are all apple activities using real apples.
Here are my 40 apples activities for kids to do!
What’s coming up next? Activities using pumpkins!
Just Plain Fun Apple Activities for Kids:
First off, we’re just going to have some fun with apples! If you haven’t gone apple picking or bobbing for apples its a must! But definitely take a look at the apple puzzle, its my fave!
- How to Go Apple Picking from The Pleasantest Thing
- Apple Bowling from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Stack Apples Up On Top from Learn, Play, Imagine
- Fine Motor Bobbing for Apples from Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Bobbing for Apple Slices from The Seasoned Mom
- Apple Tree Game from Teaching Mama
- Apple puzzle from A Mom with a Lesson Plan
- Fine Motor Apple Pick Up Game from Gift of Curiosity
- Apple Volcanos from Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
- Bubble Science with Apples from Preschool Powol Packets
Add a Learning Twist in Apple Activities for Kids:
Don’t just stop with the fun, add in some of these learning apple activities and the kids won’t even notice! Apple printing is a classic, but add in some patterning or learning the letter A, and you’ll be set!
- Apple Taste Test from Inner Child Fun
- Apple Graphing from Teaching Mama
- Apple Sorting By Color from The Resourceful Mama
- Apple Sorting by Size from Family Education
- Apple Sink or Float from Mom to 2 Posh Li’l Divas
- Apple Invitation to Count from Life Over C’s
- Apple Gravity Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Letter A Apple Stamping from A Mom with a Lesson Plan
- Apple Print Math Patterns from Buggy & Buddy
- Apple Patterns from Teach Preschool
- Apple Rotting Experiment from Gift of Curiosity
- Estimating Circumference of an Apple from Gift of Curiosity
The Insider Scoop of Apple Activities:
Okay, now its time to cut open the apples and see what’s on the inside! Investigate why apples turn brown. Have you ever seen the apple star? But be sure to add in some toothpicks and start building, another fave of mine!
- Why Apples Turn Brown from Left Brain Craft Brain
- Make Apple Prints from hands on : as we grow
- Growing Apple Seeds from In All You Do
- Will Animals eat Apples? from Teach Preschool
- Building with Apple Chunks from Fun at Home with Kids
- Jumping Apple Seeds from Teaching Mama
- Apple Seed Counting from Modern Preschool
- The Story of the Apple Star from Come Together Kids
- Festive Feast for the Birds from Natural Kid Steam
- Examine the parts of an apple from Little Bins for Little Hands
Apple Activities to Apple Treats:
Lastly, let’s eat the apples after all the fun! Include the kids in baking and cooking these apple treats! They’ll think they’re even more delicious if they took part in preparing them.
- Apple Pie from Powerful Mothering
- Applesauce from Creative with Kids
- Apple Cookies from Rachel Schultz
- Apple Chips from Living Sweet Moments
- 7 Minute Apple Crisp from I Can Teach My Child
- Apple bowls from The Pleasantest Thing
- Pan-Fried Apples from Feels like Home Blog
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown from My Crazy Blessed Life
So many apple activities for kids! What’s your fave?
These apple activities for kids also means that its the beginning of the fall season! Here’s some of my favorite fall posts for you to enjoy: