FAMILY TOGETHER TIME
Puzzles, Game Night, Coloring.
Perfect for a Sunday afternoon or evening!
Some together time as a family before the work week hits us again.
This challenge may seem kind of obvious, we spend a lot of time together as a family, but rarely doing something together as a family.
This is great reminder of how important and special these moments really are.
And sometimes we need to purposefully create them.
This ‘Challenge’ is meant to get you started, to spark your creativity with your kids (and their creativity!). I’m excited to see where this activity takes you and your kids today!
DAY 6 CHALLENGE:
Spend (at least) 15 minutes of uninterrupted* time as a family! Simple as that. Carve out some time to sit together and enjoy a few minutes as a complete family.
(*uninterrupted : being present with the child. No technology, phones, television, computer, etc. No errands, chores, making dinner, etc.)
IDEAS OF OBJECTS TO USE:
- kids games (such as Memory, Don’t Break the Ice, Chutes & Ladders, etc.)
- puzzles! (Varied to the child’s ability. Or each of you have your own and make it a challenge!)
- coloring books and crayons (draw free-hand or color)
- playing cards
Remember to adapt this idea as best you can to your own kids. As many of you are learning through the previous challenges, to go with the flow and follow the kid’s interest.
IDEAS TO ADAPT:
- Play games like Hang Man, or Tic Tac Toe for the older ones.
- Write down or draw ideas of what you’re Thankful for. (Great for Thanksgiving coming up!)
- Charades! or Pictionary!
- A family game of peek-a-boo for the little ones.
A badge for you to share that you’re taking part in the Play Challenge!
Share it and be proud to play!
Its not too late to get started!
See what this challenge is all about and how you can join in:
30 Days to Hands on Play Challenge.
Jump in at any time, or go back and start from the beginning!
Here in the comments, and be inspired by others on The Play Network.
Tomorrow, The Imagination Tree has your challenge for Day 7!
Be sure to sign up to receive reminders for the 30 Days to Play Hands on Challenge: