The season of love deserves some LOVE crafts, right? How about some for the kids to melt your heart with?
Love has been on my mind a lot the last couple of weeks (more so than usual) since I’ve been sharing my love with the kids every day with our Valentine scavenger hunt. Sharing something I love about them each and every day.
The boys get so excited to not only find their heart, but to see what it is that I wrote that day. And they get a big smile. And I usually get a big hug.
Our hunt has been such a simple activity we’re doing and makes a huge impact! It makes me wonder what other ways, or things we can make, to show our love to each other more regularly.
How about some LOVE crafts for Valentine’s?
Or any time of year for that matter!
LOVE crafts for kids to make:
These are crafts that focus on love, the word. Crafts that have the word LOVE. And they’ll be ones to melt your heart for sure.
- Crayon Resist LOVE from Simple As That
- LOVE banner from hands on : as we grow
- Tape Resist LOVE from Inner Child Fun
- LOVE Banner from Small for Big
- I LOVE You Hand Suncatcher from Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Hand & Footprint LOVE Sign from 517 Creations
- Hand & Footprint LOVE Canvas from The Chop Haus
- LOVE Resist Art from Momista Beginnings
- LOVE Banner from Creative Family Fun
- LOVE Cards for Family & Friends from Crazy About My Baybah
- LOVE Canvas from In The Playroom
- Love Banner from Adventures in Wunderland
LOVE activities to show kids love:
Of course, since we have had such success with our scavenger hunt, I want to include some love activities as well. The ones where you can show each other, or tell each other, how much you love one another. (Hint: Keep these ideas handy for any time of year as a great reminder!)
- Create a LOVE scavenger hunt every day with a heart hidden that tells each child what you love about them.
- Have the kids go on a scavenger hunt to find the things they LOVE.
- Add a heart to their door every day that tells each child what you love about them. From Jones Design Company.
- Make a “Reasons I LOVE You” Countdown Chain. From Over the Big Moon.
- Try a game of “Heart Attack” to find LOVE. From Classic Play
- Make a LOVE collage in the shape of a heart. From There’s Just One Mommy
- Teach kids how to choose LOVE, and show it! From Creative World of Varya
- Send a LOVE books package to a friend! From The Educators’ Spin On It
Some other bloggers know exactly what I mean and have written about it a lot. Always inspiring is Creative With Kids — find 100 every day ways to be kind to your child (and get the poster!). And Coffee Cups & Crayons is all about teaching kids kindness. Check out her kindness LOVE wall!