On a whim, we found a way to make our own puzzles!
On ‘one of those days’ I needed something to have Henry do to get out of his slump I started putting painters tape down on the floor… Not really sure what to do with it though.
I made squares.
Henry decided they were fields and ‘harvested’ these fields, then put up wooden cylindrical blocks for bins.
Getting those blocks out gave me an idea! We filled the squares with blocks, and made a homemade puzzle!
This totally got him out of his slump [except when George came over to move all the blocks].
Henry had to think about what he was doing. I loved this activity for that.
It wasn’t something he was used to.
Learning something new: problem solving.
Putting together a puzzle in his own way!
There was no right or wrong way to do it. Just to fill up the square, with no open holes.
Of course, once the squares were filled with blocks, Henry harvested them away, too.
I am feeling the need to link to other harvesting activities, where Henry breaks out the combine during his activity:
Henry is 3 years old.