As a stay at home mom, and an admittedly, addicted blogger. I try to do things as quickly as possible. (This is just my nature, I’ve always been this way.)
I’ve learned to involve the kids in what I’m doing. They love to help. Include them. This sometimes counteracts the getting it done quickly, but it keeps them busy while I can get it done.
When I can’t involve them, there are a few tricks I’ve learned to get everything done, and still stay (somewhat) healthy and (somewhat) sane, in my three looooooong short years of motherhood:
- Doing laundry one day a week. This is a new concept for me, but it’s very freeing (Thank you Happy Hooligans for posting your tip on The Play Network). Choose a day to do laundry and just get it done. Don’t drag out the folding and putting away, get it done and have a mess-free laundry room as well as clean clothes instead of, where is that shirt? is it clean? is it in the hamper? This way you know you washed it and where it is. If its not clean, its put away, if its not there, its dirty. An extra tip is to not fold your sheets! Wash them and put them directly on your bed. Let the dirty ones sit in a hamper until next week.
- Make the dishwasher simpler by loading it to unload it. Organize it as you’re putting dirty dishes in. For example, group all the spoons together, forks together, etc.
- Make snacks and lunches easy and quick. My go to snacks are dried berries (cranberries, blueberries, etc.) with a couple of graham crackers. Lunches are almost always accompanied with a fruit cup in 100% fruit juice, or some nutritious Activia yogurt.I’ve started adding frozen yogurt bites to Henry’s oatmeal at breakfast. Its fascinating for him to watch it melt in the hot oatmeal, and plus it cools it down a little!(Henry needs all the regulation he can get, so we try to eat Activia Selects daily. They help naturally regulate when consumed daily for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthylifestyle! Plus Henry loves Activia Selects, as does George! We’re lately on a Activia Selects French kick – the ones with strawberry fruit bites in the bottom of the cup! Yum!)
- This Frozen Berry Smoothie from The Outlaw Mom looks delicious! We never make smoothies, but I think I need to try it!
- Become friends with freezer meals, or slow cooker meals.
- Know what you’re making for dinner at least by lunch time that day. If you’re really organized, make a weekly or monthly meal planner. (I’ve tried many times, but never stick to it.) Having somewhat of a plan helps make your meal healthier too, as well as quick!
- I run errands while out on walks. Living in a small town does have its advantages, I can walk to every place I need to go. Killing two birds with one stone: My exercise for the day, as well as getting things done.
- Just relax and have fun with the kids. The toys will get put away later, or better yet, another day.
How do you manage to get it all done?
“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by MomCentral Consulting on behalf of Dannon Activia Selects Yogurt Series and received a coupon to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.”