Dr. Seuss’s birthday is March 2 and schools across America are getting Dr. Seuss crafty! Be sure to include some of these 20 fun Cat in the Hat activities in your weekly activities planner as you’re planning them out for the week!
My kids love Dr. Seuss, and we plan to revisit some of these awesome activities to make discoveries through crafts, learning activities and some just plain fun!
20 Cat in the Hat activities for the kids to create, learn and have fun!
They’re going to end up loving the one and only Cat in the Hat if they don’t already!
Get Cat in the Hat Crafty!
These adorable Cat in the Hat crafts for kids are super easy to put together. Bonus – some of them can even become props for pretend play!
- Adorable handprints turned into Thing 1 and Thing 2. From Little Warriors
- Such a cute hat craft! Upcycle a tin can into a Cat in the Hat pencil holder! From Obseussed
- Make Cat in the Hat Maskes! From Like Mama like Daughter
- Print out this free printable for the kids to color in the hat! From Brilliant Beginnings Preschool
- Toddlers and even babies can make this sticky Cat in the Hat hat! From the House of Burke.
- Create and play with cat whiskers! From Kindergarten is Crazy
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 simple craft puppets! From Creative Family Fun
- Create an abstract and fun Cat in the Hat hat. From The Chocolate Muffin Tree
Learning with the Cat in the Hat!
Who says we can’t have a little learning mixed in with our play? Here are some fun Cat in the Hat inspired learning activities that focus on name spelling, word families, and more!
- The Cat’s hat is perfect for patterning! From Teach Preschool
- After patterning with the Cat’s hat, write word families and rhyming words on it. From Kindergarten Doodles
- Set up the Cat’s hat to sort word families and rhyming! From The Pleasantest Thing
- Set up a rhyming game with toys from around the house! From Mom’s Tot School
- Make the Cat in the Hat using simple shapes! From Kindergarten Chronicles
- The Cat’s hat can be used as a non-standard measuring unit too! From Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Print out this free printable to fill in the words, as well as rhyming! From Get into Homeschooling
Just have fun with the Cat the Hat!
In the spirit of Dr. Seuss… just get goofy! Here a couple ideas to let your kids relish in the silliness that is the Cat in the Hat.
- Dress up! I made this Cat in the Hat costume for Henry on Halloween. Its made completely of felt with safety pins to hold it in place. Some black pants and the Dr. Seuss hat to complete the look.
- Take goofy pictures of how the Cat in the Hat looks with everything all stacked up! From Mom’s Tot School
- Make Dr. Seuss a birthday cake! Okay, this one may be out of our league (even mine and I’m a cake decorator), but a fun sheet cake with some red and white stripes would be fun too! From Crumbs and Doilies
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with a party and have snacks! These jello hats are adorable and look easy to make! From Bless This Mess Please
What’s your favorite way to celebrate Dr. Seuss?