As you may know, as a mom of 3 boys… fashion is not usually one of the first things on my mind.
But I do like to look decent. For instance, you usually can’t find me in a pair of sweats, or even a sweatshirt. And if I leave the house, I do put on makeup, I usually do even if I don’t leave, because as a stay [work] at home mom, I need to feel a little pretty sometimes, because otherwise I never would.
I’m not sure if you caught my announcement on social media about becoming a 2014 JCPenney Ambassador or not, but I am!
I am so excited for this opportunity! To be associated with such a major brand that I have shopped with my entire life! It’s amazing!
A couple of weeks ago, JCPenney swept me off my feet and flew me to their headquarters in Plano, TX to show me, along with the other 4 ambassadors, everything that’s going on in their world!
I was excited to see the fashion trends [jumpsuits all look amazing by the way] and know that JCPenney will have whatever’s in fashion. That way I don’t really have to even think about it [not my forte] and can just trust they have what’s in style. A huge load off of me for sure!
And of course that carries over to the men’s and kids departments too! I learned that plaid is huge for men! So I picked up 3 outfits for the boys with plaid in them during the 20 minute, $100 challenge we had as a group. I also grabbed 3 other outfits for everyday summer play [the kind that can get dirty and muddy, because I have boys that like to play in the dirt a lot in the summer].
Yes, we had a 20 minute shopping challenge. JCPenney gave us each a $100 gift card to spend. I picked out 6 outfits with that $100! The plaid outfits were for a wedding we just went to. I think they looked pretty good.
[By the way... this is as close my boys will get to modeling clothes for me...]
Take a look at that hair! I just love it… and can’t believe we just shaved it the other day. Makes me sad.
I love George’s red plaid shirt from JCPenney! It was my favorite when picking out their outfits. They had great bright colors to choose from!
Same with Henry’s shorts! Plaid on shorts just looks so dang awesome on boys! I love them!
Major takeaways about JCPenney that I want you to know about:
- You can load JCPenney Coupons on your phone, in the store, for them to scan. [I never remember to bring the coupon!]
- JCPenney has a rewards program that I knew nothing about!
- They will soon be reorganizing all JCPenney stores by size and not by brand! Holy cow that will be awesome. Now when I want to shop for the boys, I can find the 2Ts for Louis, 4Ts for George and Boys 6 for Henry. Done.
- I’ve always known there are JCPenney Salons, but found out that most people don’t! Did you know there are beauty salons inside many of the JCPenney locations? Does yours have one?
- I can be stylish. I really can be.
- Oh, and the crop top is coming back! But don’t go crazy!
During out trip to the JCPenney headquarters we also had a camera crew around us the entire time. Microphones on and cameras all around.
Totally not my cup of tea. But they did pull together a pretty awesome video of our time there. Check it out:
Now, how about a chance to win a $100 JCPenney Gift Card?!
To enter to win, leave a comment below letting me know what you would most like to go shopping for if you win. Good luck!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/2 -7/30/2014.
Be sure to visit the JCPenney brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!