Building character with positive behavior is what Week 3 of the Readathon is all about. Check out the books that are available this week for free:
Just like with learning anything, there’s opportunities to teach positive behavior to your child in almost any circumstance.
Here are a few fun ways that I came up with to model and describe what positive behavior is just by looking through the It’s Playtime posts:
(above, clockwise from top-left)
- Spending time with the kids doing the littlest things like looking at the clouds and finding shapes from Red Ted Art. Taking time to find the goodness of something could open up a wonderful discussion on positive behavior.
- Toddler Approved works on sibling rivalry with a project that they need to work together on to make fizzy fireworks! (One of the Readathon ‘Positive Behavior‘ posts that have been shared!)
- Taking time to spend just playing with your kids models to your child that you want to be kind and is a great means for showing what type of positive behavior you expect, from JDaniel 4’s Mom.
- Similar to spending time playing with your kids, free play for your kids themselves gives them a chance to practice that positive behavior they’ve learned (from Adventures at Home )! Be there for questions and reminders!
- Learn with Play at Home displays a beautiful butterfly craft with words to describe, “What do you think makes you a good person?”. (One of the Readathon ‘Positive Behavior‘ posts that have been shared!)
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.