This past weekend the boys and I went traveling with Grandma and [someday] Aunt Kim to visit my other brother’s family.
How to entertain the boys during our travels?
I packed bags of activities to do!
- Imaginets - a magnetic white board case with magnet shapes to create. [Included some of Henry's Crayola washable markers that easily wipe off with baby wipes.]
- I Spy Bottle for either of the boys to find hidden shapes and letters in the rice.
- Stickers and construction paper.
- Portable DVD Player with a couple DVD’s – I don’t own a portable DVD player, so I checked one out for a week from my local library!
- Little toys that Henry packed in a small bag.
- Special snacks [like chocolate milk and trail mix].
- Travel Lap Tray for eating snacks and playing.
- Most importantly: Extra adults to play with the kids in the back. [Minivan needed.]
We also played a version of I Spy – we looked for semis! Henry chose a color of semi for each of us to look for, then we counted them. This ended up being more of a game for the adults than it was for Henry – he just liked to point out the semis [which was constantly, by the way].
Most of these ideas came from my Facebook crowd when I posed the question of what to do while traveling on a long road trip.
Other comments on activities for traveling [I couldn't take everything along]: