This past weekend the boys and I went traveling with Grandma and (someday) Aunt Kim to visit my other brother’s family.
How to entertain the boys during our travels?
I packed bags of activities to do!
- Imaginets (this link as well as others that follow are affiliate links)– a magnetic white board case with magnet shapes to create. (Included some of Henry’s Crayola washable markers that easily wipe off with baby wipes.)
- I Spy Bottle for either of the boys to find hidden shapes and letters in the rice.
- Stickers and construction paper.
- Portable DVD Player with a couple DVD’s – I don’t own a portable DVD player, so I checked one out for a week from my local library!
- Little toys that Henry packed in a small bag.
- Special snacks (like chocolate milk and trail mix).
- Travel Lap Tray for eating snacks and playing.
- Most importantly: Extra adults to play with the kids in the back. (Minivan needed.)
We also played a version of I Spy – we looked for semis! Henry chose a color of semi for each of us to look for, then we counted them. This ended up being more of a game for the adults than it was for Henry – he just liked to point out the semis (which was constantly, by the way).
Most of these ideas came from my Facebook crowd when I posed the question of what to do while traveling on a long road trip.
Other comments on activities for traveling (I couldn’t take everything along):