This past weekend the boys and I went traveling with Grandma and (someday) Aunt Kim to visit my other brother’s family.
How to entertain the boys during our travels?
I packed bags of activities to do!
- Imaginets (this link as well as others that follow are affiliate links)– a magnetic white board case with magnet shapes to create. (Included some of Henry’s Crayola washable markers that easily wipe off with baby wipes.)
- I Spy Bottle for either of the boys to find hidden shapes and letters in the rice.
- Stickers and construction paper.
- Portable DVD Player with a couple DVD’s – I don’t own a portable DVD player, so I checked one out for a week from my local library!
- Little toys that Henry packed in a small bag.
- Special snacks (like chocolate milk and trail mix).
- Travel Lap Tray for eating snacks and playing.
- Most importantly: Extra adults to play with the kids in the back. (Minivan needed.)
We also played a version of I Spy – we looked for semis! Henry chose a color of semi for each of us to look for, then we counted them. This ended up being more of a game for the adults than it was for Henry – he just liked to point out the semis (which was constantly, by the way).
Most of these ideas came from my Facebook crowd when I posed the question of what to do while traveling on a long road trip.
Other comments on activities for traveling (I couldn’t take everything along):
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- More information.
$36 ADD TO CART