Meet the hands on : as we grow family:
I’m Jamie, the mom.
I stay at home with the boys, but do a lot of ’side jobs’ here and there. My family owns the local bakery, and I’m kind of the back end guru of the business, so if I’m not on the computer sending out social media updates on Facebook for hands on : as we grow, I’m still probably on the computer doing bookwork and payroll for the business.
I also decorate cakes for the bakery! I learned to decorate in 2006 and have since started doing wedding cakes, as well as other specialty cakes for birthdays, baby showers and so on. Its a great outlet for my creativity since I am a college grad with a graphic design degree and don’t get to use it much.
My husband is the baker at the bakery. He manages all that good stuff and makes sure that we have a great product to sell. He’s been doing it since he was a boy. The bakery has been handed down two generations now, it started with his grandfather in 1968.
A little more tidbits about myself?
- I classify myself as a runner, though I haven’t ran since 2003.
- I’m competitive.
- I take on a lot of everything, but find it hard to complete anything.
- I’m left-handed [for fine motor activities only].
- I met my husband as a freshman at cross country practice for the first time. We didn’t date until after I graduated high school when he was a sophomore in college.
- Being a stay at home mom has been my longest holding job.
- I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I swore in high school I’d never have kids. [I have proof of this from my math teacher writing "I hope you change your mind about having kid." in my high school year book.]
A smart, wild child. Henry started three year old preschool this past fall and has started showing a new side to himself. He’s a quiet child in school [okay, he still has his loud moments, but can be shy too]. But he’s proving himself to be a great listener and learning a lot! I’m amazed what he’s learned in this past year alone.
He’s dad’s helper a lot. He loves to help him mix cookie doughs at the bakery. These are his ‘days on at the bakery’. He also tags along with me to the bakery to help decorate cakes and does some of his own, too!
He’s proving to be as wild, or wilder than Henry ever was. He’s into absolutely everything, all. the. time. George is a very fitting name for him, because he’s very curious, and quite the monkey.
George has night terrors and we’re learning to cope with them.
Louis, the baby
Joined us this past November and will be soon joining in the hands on fun!