Put a little “Roar” into your dino-loving child’s day with 35 plus dinosaur activities and crafts!
Brigitte shares her favorite dino-mite dinosaur ideas just in time for Dinosaur Day on May 15.
Between sharing every detail about fossils to staging large-scale dino scenes in the living room, your child is always thinking about dinosaurs.
Which makes Dinosaur Day the perfect holiday for your little one!
Use these super fun ideas to brings dinosaur activities and crafts into your day from start to finish.
Discover fun books, snacks, crafts, games, and activities sure to delight your child.
35+ Dinosaur Activities & Crafts for Kids
Celebrate with Dinosaur Games
Have fun counting, stomping, moving, and playing with these fun dinosaur games.
- Practice counting with a dinosaur counting game as seen on Fun Learning for Kids.
- Move around like dinosaurs with the dinosaur movement game found on The OT ToolBox.
- Make and then play catch a dinosaur in a jar as seen on 730 Sage Street.
Sink Your Teeth into Dinosaur Snacks
With all of the dinosaur activities, your little ones are sure to work up a dinosaur-sized appetite. Enjoy these tasty dinosaur snacks.
- Enjoy tasty dinosaurs in dirt treat as seen on Glorious Treats.
- Make some dinosaur footprint cookies as seen on Made to be a Momma.
- Try a wafflesaurus as seen on Let’s Play Learn Grow.
- Make some dinosaur egg Rice Krispie treats as seen on Mess for Less.
- Munch on dinosaur snack mix from Make Life Lovely.
- Enjoy a dino twist on veggies and hummus with an herbivore cup from Learn with Play at Home
Read Dinosaur Books
Cuddle up together on the couch or stomp around as you read these entertaining dinosaur books. You can always use these as a dinosaur quiet time activity while younger siblings are napping.
- The Berenstain Bears’ Dinosaur Dig by Jan and Mike Berenstain
- If a T. Rex Crashes Your Birthday Party by Jill Esbaum
- How to Grow a Dinosaur by Jill Esbaum
- Dinosaur Zoom by Penny Dale
- If You Happen to Have a Dinosaur by Linda Bailey and Colin Jack
- Dinosaur Rescue by Penny Dale
- Dinosaur Pirates by Penny Dale
- Daniel’s Dinosaurs by Mary Carmine
- Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur: A First Book of Manners by Judy Sierra
Get Creative with Dinosaur Crafts
Another super fun dinosaur activity you can do together are dino crafts! Learn about dinosaur fossils, practice fine motor skills, be creative and have fun with these dinosaur crafts.
- Make some easy dinosaur fossils as seen on Rainy Day Mum.
- Make some dinosaur fossil footprints as seen on I Can Teach My Child.
- Practice shapes by building a dinosaur with shape cutouts activity as seen on Little Family Fun.
- Make a handprint dinosaur as seen on Simply Learning Kids.
- Decorate with even more handprint dinosaurs as seen on Frugal Fun 4 Boys.
- Build a dinosaur pasta skeleton as seen on PreKinders.
- Make an egg carton cupcake liner triceratops as seen on Still Playing School.
- Create a tissue paper dinosaur to hang on your window as seen on Free Kids Crafts.
- Make another tissue paper dinosaur by rolling up tissue paper as seen on Mom Unleashed.
- Stomp around the house with DIY dinosaur feet as seen on Creekside Learning.
- Learn about the letter D with the D is for dinosaur craft as seen on Little Page Turners.
- Create a popsicle stick dinosaur as seen on Glued To My Crafts Blog.
- Try to create a glue resist dinosaur as seen on That Artist Woman.
- Make a fun dinosaur mask with this easy idea from Mom.me.
- DIY your own dinosaur bones with an easy tutorial from Kitchen Floor Crafts.
Enjoy Even More Dinosaur Activities
- Do dinosaur stomp painting as seen on What Can We Do With Paper and Glue.
- Dig for some homemade salt dough dinosaur bones as seen on Frugal Fun 4 Boys.
- Excavate some dinosaurs with a frozen dinosaur egg excavation found on Little Bins for Little Hands.
- Hatch some homemade baking soda dinosaur eggs as seen on Growing a Jeweled Rose.
- Practice sorting colors, shapes, and sizes with a dinosaur sticker sorting activity as seen on Modern Preschool.
- Work on letter recognition with a dinosaur alphabet matching activity as seen on Pre-K Pages.
- Practice letters with a dinosaur swamp alphabet activity as seen on The Imagination Tree.
- Practice tracing letters with a dinosaur letter tracing activity as seen on Modern Preschool.
- Build number skills with dinosaur counting cards as seen on The Kindergarten Connection.
- Practice hand-eye coordination with dinosaur lacing cards as seen on From ABCs to ACTs.
- Create a giant dinosaur skeleton out of toilet paper and paper towel tubes as seen on Your Modern Family.
- Make a dinosaur sensory bottle as seen on Simple Play Ideas.
- Have fun on a dinosaur egg scavenger hunt as seen on Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tail.
- Practice brushing teeth by scrubbing a dinosaur with a toothbrush as seen on Sugar Spice and Glitter.
- Make your own dinosaur hat as seen on Laly Mom.