A few hands on activities for you… (from top, left to right)
- Henry had made a simple leaf garland for our front window. A fun, easy way to spruce up our house for fall.
- I’ve been working on one to one correspondence with Henry. I set up a little counting game using dice and blocks for him. He got such a kick out of the dice, they’ve been asked for over and over.
- Gobble up these 10 turkey crafts for kids just in time for Thanksgiving. It’s Playtime is our weekly playdate and plays all weekend long. Join us!
- Two weeks ago, I shared 8 intentional learning activities on It’s Playtime. Browse all the fun that was had!
A little of what’s been up at our house:
So it’s been a little quiet, hasn’t it? I haven’t sent out a newsletter for a couple of weeks… only because I haven’t been sharing or posting much on the blog… so not much to share in the newsletter. Once I get the hang of three kids, or at least I get the hang of juggling all of the chaos, I’ll be back to posting as normal!
In the meantime, enjoy some old posts, or relax yourself for the holidays too!
As I’ve been enjoying this cuddly time with Louis, I’ve also been trying…. (…trying…) to do the boys’ photography shots myself. Man, its hard. I need tips!
Here’s Louis at 1 week old.
I still have to try getting George for his 2 year photos… any tips for that too?
A hands on attempt. And failure. Suggestions?
As part of my attempts to get into the holiday spirits already…. (Pinterest is already nuts about Christmas, so I thought I better get a move on!) … I tried ‘frosting’ a window. I used this recipe from About.com using Epsom Salt. I’m not sure what I did wrong, but my windows just looked very smudgy and dirty when I was done! I could tell that it tried to crystallize (there was a crunchy coating on my window), but it just looked horrible. Have you done this to your windows? Am I missing something?
Hands on activities I’ve marked to try:
- Vehicles. Paint. Ramps. Fun! From StrongStart.
- A balancing experiment from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational.
- Making icicles with glue and salt! From Inner Child Fun.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you find some great deals if you are one of the brave to head out on Black Friday! I have yet to manage those crowds… most of my shopping gets done online!
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.