This week’s activities:
- Go on, fly a kite! Grab a plastic bag out of your sack stash [we all got 'em!] and run!
- Get creative yourself and decorate some fabric! I made a butterfly pillowcase for my niece!
- Super simple toddler activity that promotes fine motor skills. Clothespins. Yep. That’s it.
- Exploring imaginations on It’s Playtime! Where or where can your child’s imagination take them? [The Love and Lollipops kids' imaginations build robots!]
What were we up to last year?
Last year we were ‘cleaning’ windows. But first, we had to make them messy, right? [Aside from the gazillion finger prints that are constantly on them!]
Sloppin’ paint onto the window is a huge treat for the boys!
They absolutely love painting the windows!
Passing along a couple posts I loved this week:
- A water balloon hunt! Not only playing with balloons and going on a hunt, but make it learning about shapes too. Gotta love this one from Mess for Less.
- I so, so, so wish I saw this about a month ago. I need to make one of these for traveling! A Mr. Potato Head travel mat from Lil-Kid-Things. Can you imagine all the funky faces the kids could come up with? And all right in your car.
- And again something I wish I had seen before going on vacation. 10 waiting games for kids from More Than Mommies. All that take almost no prep or props.
We just got back from a little vacation. And boy is it stressful on vacation with two boys! I do think this is the last time we take a vacation in a hotel room. It’s just too cooped up for us and are constantly on the go then [which is extremely exhausting and not much of a vacation for mom or dad]!
But we did have a lot of fun! The highlight for the boys was probably the first night when we happened upon a simple splash pad by accident. [A big deal for us small town folk!]
I’ll share more about our fun in Omaha in a few days.
Enjoy your week and stay cool in the heat!
[Another heat wave coming through the Midwest!]
Or stay dry if you’re in the UK!