I often associate sensory activities to toddlers because it’s all about exploring with your senses and not following direction or learning a specific curriculum.
When I think of sensory activities, I can’t help but think of ooey, gooey, slimy stuff to put through your fingers. But there’s more to the senses then just touch. Sight, smell, taste, touch and sound.
While most sensory activities I see are usually touch-related, I did find a couple of others as well that focus on sight and smell on It’s Playtime last week.
Below are 6 sensory play ideas for toddlers, you can also browse these other collections of sensory activities for toddlers:
- 15 Sensory Activities from Hands on Moms
- 25 Sensory Activities for Kids
- Several sensory activities in the list of 50 Activities Just for Your Toddler
These sensory activities are great for toddler exploration!
6 Sensory Activities for Toddlers
(above, from top, left to right)
- Water is one of the most basic sensory activities! Glimmer Snaps does outdoor learning adventures with water!
- Create With Your Hands also explore with their hands in shaving cream, a classic sensory activity, and makes shaving cream prints!
- Moon Sprig plays with peppermint and explores with their sense of smell and potentially taste!
- Play Through the Day is playing their way through the seasons with these autumn sensory bottles that work well for I spy and their sense of sight.
- A treasure hunt in the sand from Here Comes the Girls. A sensory activity that toddlers will love to dig their way through!
- Check out this spaghetti painting. Normally I see spaghetti painting with splatting and throwing of spaghetti. But this one, from Making Boys Men, the spaghetti is made into paintbrushes for the ultimate sensory experience!
Toddlers also tend to put things in their mouth still. If you have a ‘mouther’, here are 34 sensory activities that are also edible so its okay if they put it in their mouth.
Let me know! What sensory material do you like to use with your toddler?
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.