Thank you Sherwin-Williams for sponsoring and for making me redo my Whoops! Room, it was the push I needed to get rid of the much too bright colors!
I’ll call this bedroom my Whoops! room.
When we moved into the house, Henry was about 18 months old, and I wanted a fun, bright room for him. And, that’s what I gave him. A very, very bright room! The green was a little electric, I’d say. [The boy illustration is done by my husband’s aunt! I absolutely love that!]
My husband has been after me to redo this room pretty much since day one. But since we live in an old Victorian home that needs a lot of redoing, I wasn’t about to redo a room that I already redid. That seemed like a step backwards to me.
But, all my kids have now moved through this room. Its our ‘nursery,’ I guess. Each boy has started in this room and, when ready for a big bed, has moved into his own new room to make room for the coming baby. [Ha. That sounds like we’re manufacturing babies… we only have three… and this is it.] So Louis gets this room. And, it was time to make it nice for him, and make my husband happy in the process.
I started browsing for colors of rooms I’d like. I found a few that struck a chord with me and I thought would be perfect for a boy to grow up with.
- Bright colors in orange and blue but toned down with some lighter shades of blue. From RoomZaar on HGTV.
- Same colors I currently have but as subtle accents. From Today’s Creative Blog.
- Subdued colors in green and brown and clean with lots of white. From Decor Demon.
- More bright colors, but just one wall with white as well. Calmed down with brown on other walls. From RoomZaar on HGTV.
With a couple of photos chosen, I used Sherwin-Williams’ color selection tool Chip It!™ This is so slick. You just give it a photo, and it pulls up to 10 paint colors out of that photo! Excellent!
After the colors have been chosen by Chip It!, I entered them into the ColorSnap Studio™ for iPad app and took them to my Whoops! room to see what I’d like to do with them. [I even snapped a photo of the room and did a little painting within the app to see firsthand what those colors would look like.] That made it so easy to decide what colors would look best, firsthand!
Stay tuned to see what colors I chose. I’m curious if you would choose what I chose for colors…
What colors would you choose for a boy can grow up in? How do you find color inspiration for your home projects?
Tell us in the comments below, and you just might win a $100 Sherwin-Williams gift card from BlogHer!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 5/1/2013-5/19/2013.
Be sure to visit the Sherwin-Williams brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!