A week of activities… [from top, left to right]
- We drew out a grid of numbers to count through! Great visual number practice, as well as counting!
- We’re counting down to preschool [starts on Monday!] with a book countdown!
- It’s Playtime is all about games! Games you can make for your kids at home to play.
- I kept George occupied and busy with a tried and true resource: measuring cups and a pot.
- One of my favorite activities we’ve ever done is from last year at this time, a puzzle made with blocks!
- And last year we were also practicing scissors skills with a simple and fun straw cutting activity that Henry got a kick out of!
What we’re reading this week…
Inspiring posts to pin, bookmark, save, remember…
- Need toddler activities inspiration? “I’m Going to Make It” is attempting 100 ways to entertain a young toddler. She’s currently on Day 80 [painting with cars!], so there’s a lot of activities to choose from already!
- I am taking note of these chapter books to read to 3 year olds and preschoolers that What Do We Do All Day put together. We need some more thought provoking reads for Henry!
- I’ve been on the lookout for toddler ideas, especially ones that could keep George busy when the baby comes. I think this paper plate paper toss from A Little Learning for Two might be a fun one to try.
Why are my kids always dirty?
Why is it that my boys are always dirty. Seriously. The dirt patch out back seems to be constantly played in and the boys constantly look like this.
They’re boys. They like dirt.
Preschool starts on Monday. I hope it’ll start better this year than it did last year.
Any tips for the transition?