How do you feel about introducing your preschooler to technology?
I think technology is a necessity. While I don’t want Henry to sit in front of a video game all day, I do believe that technology rules this world and will only be moreso as our children grow up in it.
I’ve let Henry use the computer now and then. Practicing typing on the keyboard to learn the letter placements. He gets a kick out of it and he’s learning in the process. The mouse is a little tricky for him yet, but I’m sure he’ll grasp that soon enough.
Just recently I’ve been coming across more and more iPhone/iPad apps geared towards preschoolers. I have yet to try any on Henry, though I’ve downloaded a few. We have the iTouch and I think it might be too small for Henry to start with [an iPad would be awesome for him to learn on.]
A few iPad/iPhone apps that I’ve seen that have been talked about around the blog world.
|Above: Apps for Toddlers at Working on a Project|
- Kid-approved apps listed at Treasures for Tots – her daughter has her own iPod and uses it regularly!
- Play Dr Mom has a giant list of apps for kids! This is my go to list. I’ve downloaded the Preschool Lunchbox, but have yet to have Henry try it out.
- Working on a Project incorporates technology into their Tot School. See the apps that they use on their iPhone and iPad.
- A super simple puzzle app is reviewed at 7 on a shoestring.
- First Grade Teaching has a list of apps shown on her iPhone, and tells you how she uses it in the classroom!
- Montessorium.com has a couple educational apps introducing math and letters.
- Smart Apps for Kids has loads of iPhone/iPad apps with deals going on all the time.
- For a little bit older crowd, there’s a bunch of educational apps [adding, writing, phonics] at First Grader… at last.
- And if none of those fit the bill, here’s 30+ apps for kids from Parenting.
- And here’s 25 more [also from Parenting].
I’m so excited to join 35 other bloggers to give one of our readers an iPad [or $500 PayPal Cash]. Read on for details.
And we’ve set up a super simple form for you to enter. You have SO MANY opportunities to enter, its unreal [I'm pretty sure there's well over 100...] so get clicking!
iPad Giveaway Rules:
- Contest is open from Oct 3-Oct 24. Winner will be announced
- Mandatory entries are to follow the sponsoring bloggers through GFC.
- Then you can ‘like’ them each on Facebook, or ‘follow’ on Twitter for extra entries [they're groups together for super easy entry]!
- You can easily ‘Like’ all the Facebook pages over at 7onaShoestring.com and come back here to say you did it.
- Same with twitter – head over to 7onaShoestring to follow all the twitterers and come back to say you did it.
- You can also tweet about the giveaway [once per day] for additional entries!
Henry is 3 years.
George is 1 year.
|Head on over & check out our sponsors: