Our week of activities… [clockwise from top left]
- Both George and Henry enjoyed one of the simplest experiments: Does it Sink or Float?
- While Henry drew me his very first drawing, George scribbled away and made his own marks with chalk, too!
- We took a look at some drawing activities on It’s Playtime this week. Making your kids drawings into coloring pages is a brilliant idea from Happy Little Messes.
- And I’m loving my washer and dryer. Find out why I think its reliable enough for even the kids!
A few books we’re reading this week:
- Getting ready for school… Clifford’s First School Day (Clifford the Small Red Puppy)
- A common one in this house: Roadwork!
- Henry’s new favorite from his preschool teacher last year: I Knew You Could!
- And a staple: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Getting ready to go back to school? A few posts you’ll love:
- Childhood Beckons is homeschooling this year, but still making it official with back to school photos! You’ll love the outtakes she shares!
- 8 ways prepare your preschooler for their first day of school. This is a lovely guest post here by Mommy with Selective Memory and Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Teachers.
- Not Just Cute has shared a few fun ways to work on fine motor skills and how they can be used for redirection and as a soothing activity!
- And be sure to check out the 20 Must Follow Moms on Pinterest! You’ll be inspired forever! [I'm ecstatic to be one of them!]
The latest in getting ready for Baby #3:
George’s room is coming along. Carpet comes in at the end of the month, so we’re under a deadline now to finish up. I’m glad to say my part is done. I’ve painted the room in yellows and orange-brown colors. A grid pattern. I was dreading this the week prior to doing it. How would i go about getting this done? I almost decided to not do it. But I had it in my head. I’ve done horizontal stripes in George’s current room [the baby room] and verticals in Henry’s room…. so I had to move on to the next challenge. A grid. I just had to do it.
And once I got started, it actually wasn’t that bad. Thankfully, my husband is awesome with a level and helped mark everything out for me.