Where did the summer go? It’s already the end of July!
Are you getting everything done that you hoped to?
How can you not love the look of amazement on your kids faces?
The magic of a Children’s Museum is priceless. If you haven’t been to one, you definitely need to experience it. We just got back from Omaha, and their’s is amazing!
This week’s hands on activities: (above, clockwise from top-left)
- The boys worked together and got a little artsy! We tried our hand at oil pastels resisting colored water (watercolors). And on canvas to make it a real piece of art!
- Henry’s practiced with shapes and sorting.
- A fun, easy setup, indoor activity, bowling! Use what you got!
- On It’s Playtime are some ways to explore the world, through books and activities. Love this London Bus from Entertaining Monsters.
- This art is gorgeous! I love the techniques Picklebums used. I especially am in awe of the Saran Wrap technique and its going on our must do list.
- A twist on the plain ol’ geoboard, The Artful Parent got creative (as usual!) and made art with the geoboard!
Last weekend was so crazy and hectic! It was the town’s festival and it was a very fun time!
Henry even took part in the tractor pull this year. I’m so excited that he wanted to do it, and even more excited that he actually did do it (sometimes this kid is all talk!). He had a lot of style while pulling, trying to push the wheels to keep him moving. Definitely an A+ for effort!
I’m proud of him!
And George got to celebrate his birthday a little early (okay, a couple months early!).
He got a Strider bike! (affiliate link) One of those balance bikes without pedals. Grandpa wanted to give it to him now so he had the rest of the summer to practice and enjoy it! Of course its being fought over by both the boys.
Summer’s almost over already. Henry’s preschool starts in less than 3 weeks!
Are you ready for school to begin?
…. are your kids?