A Sticky Spider Web Halloween Activity for Kids!

Share:

This sticky spider web activity Halloween activity can be done in any doorway, hallway or other somewhat narrow place that you have.

I have pocket doors that are about six feet wide and it worked perfectly.

I used painter’s tape and made a spider web to span the width of the door. I only made it on the top half of the doorway, because I knew if I went to the floor, the boys would be trying to run through it and tear it down.

A sticky spider web

While I taped up the sticky spider web, I had Henry rummage through our recycling bin for some newspaper.

He’s a perfect little scavenger! I asked him to separate the newspapers and scrunch each one into a ball like we had done for the newspaper throwing game.

Then the boys had a blast throwing the newspaper balls into the spider web to see if it would catch them [just like a real one would catch a fly!].

Sticky spider web!

George had a tough time throwing the newspaper high enough to get into the spider web, but he could just barely reach the bottom part of the web, so he stuck the newspaper balls to it by hand.

A Sticky Spider Web Halloween Activity for Kids!

George just got The Very Busy Spider book by Eric Carle for his 2nd birthday. Its been a great extension to this activity [or maybe the other way around] to talk about how the spider web caught the fly.

If you’re a tape fan like me, click the image below, you’ll love our spy game scavenger hunt too!

A scavenger hunt for pom poms through the Tape Maze

Henry is 4 years old. George is 2 years old.

Note: This post contains affiliate links.

From our partners

Join over 16,000 parents and teachers receiving our activities and tips via email!

Comments

This looks like great fun, the novelty of having a giant spiders web in the house must have been awesome or your boys. I’ve pinned this for a rainy day!

2. laura says

I did this concept with (2) 2.5 year olds, using duct tape and tissue paper balls (what we had available). It’s a great idea, but we had a problem that the “bugs” wouldn’t stick. We then tried plastic balls (from a ball pit), they didn’t stick either. Finally we had luck throwing cotton balls. Using super sticky duct tape, I anticipated the opposite. Turned out to be a science experiment too!

3. BJ says

What a great idea! I am going to use this for one of our kids games this summer at our churchs annual car show. Thanks!

4. Samantha says

I found this game on Pinterest a few weeks ago. We could not get newspaper to stick at all though. The kids were really upset. I ended up making balls of painters tape (sticky side out) and that actually stuck. Girls loved this game!

5. [email protected] says

This is great! My grandson’s 4th birthday party theme is Spiderman. We’re having it at the beach so I guess I could do it on one side of the tent. That’ll be soooo fun!!! I’m sharing this on my blog with a link back here for the instructions :) Thanks so much! ~Yolanda~

6. Emily says

Thank you! This saved our sanity on the last few hours of an overnight sleepover with our 2 kids and our friends’ 2! It was a little tricky to get them to stick at times, but a lot of fun.

7. Lee says

That is the best idea! My preschool class will love this- we are learning about creepy crawlies. Thank you!!