After trying some new ways to decorate eggs with Henry last year, I thought it would be nice to try a couple other new ways this year.
My thoughts on what kind of decorated eggs I’d like to try?
- Trying sticker resist eggs, like I saw at Le Papier Studio.
- Hot glue resist decorated eggs, as I saw at Creative Connections for Kids
As my mom and I were looking for our materials to start decorating, we also came across glue sticks and thought that might be nifty to try as a resist form for decorating.
So our three types of resist decorated eggs:
- Sticker Resist Decorated Eggs: Fail.
- Glue Stick Resist Decorated Eggs: Fail.
- Hot Glue Resist Decorated Eggs: Fail.
What happened that they were fails?
The sticker resist eggs had two problems.
- Some didn’t stick at all – falling off in the dye.
- Those that did stick didn’t seem to resist the dye completely. The edges were soaked through.
Henry even tried writing H on the eggs. [Which he did do successfully twice, he just scribbled over them too!]
Still had some pretty results with our eggs. I love this time of year.
Have a Happy Easter! Enjoy time with your family this weekend!