I can’t believe Christmas is just over a week away… do you celebrate at home? Or travel for the holidays?
We’ve been in Christmas, holiday, crafting mode like crazy lately! The boys have been eating it up too. They’re so excited for Christmas this year! And I love the anticipation!
But… I haven’t wrapped a single present yet. Have you? I think the boys might decorate some wrapping paper themselves for the gifts they’re giving! I found 10 designs for gift wrap on It’s Playtime last week! I’m looking forward to all the play ideas that will be shared this time.
This week is full of Christmas activities: (above, clockwise from top-left)
- Toddler painted, preschooler cut. An easy tape-resist painting for George to do, and Henry finished it by cutting and making these candy cane door knob hangers!
- As part of the Creative Christmas Countdown, our Day 10 activity was to decorate a window for the holidays! We made a snowy snowscape on ours! What did you decorate yours with?
- A craft from the past. Henry made a wrapping paper stocking a couple of Christmas’s ago!
- George was in heaven with cloud dough! We made it Christmas-y with glitter!
A quick activity to keep the kids busy during this hectic time of year:
Reflection activity: Grab a CD (you know those things we never use anymore…) and let them play in the sunlight coming in the window, or hand them a flashlight even! They’ll have fun by themselves, or with someone else, finding where it shines! Give two kids two CDs and have them race each other with the reflections!
- Activity 8: A naughty or nice gift from Sun Scholars
- Activity 9: Gorgeous styrofoam ornaments from Happy Hooligans
- Activity 10: Decorate a snowscape window from me!
- Activity 11: A model Christmas town from NutureStore
- Activity 12: Paper Plate Bow Wreath from Kids Stuff World
- Activity 13: Blowing Kiss Christmas card, for distant family, from Creative Family Fun
- Activity 14: A plate for Santa’s treats from Rainy Day Mum
Find all the creative countdown activities on Creative With Kids:
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.