I can’t believe Christmas is just over a week away… do you celebrate at home? Or travel for the holidays?
We’ve been in Christmas, holiday, crafting mode like crazy lately! The boys have been eating it up too. They’re so excited for Christmas this year! And I love the anticipation!
But… I haven’t wrapped a single present yet. Have you? I think the boys might decorate some wrapping paper themselves for the gifts they’re giving! I found 10 designs for gift wrap on It’s Playtime last week! I’m looking forward to all the play ideas that will be shared this time.
This week is full of Christmas activities: (above, clockwise from top-left)
- Toddler painted, preschooler cut. An easy tape-resist painting for George to do, and Henry finished it by cutting and making these candy cane door knob hangers!
- As part of the Creative Christmas Countdown, our Day 10 activity was to decorate a window for the holidays! We made a snowy snowscape on ours! What did you decorate yours with?
- A craft from the past. Henry made a wrapping paper stocking a couple of Christmas’s ago!
- George was in heaven with cloud dough! We made it Christmas-y with glitter!
A quick activity to keep the kids busy during this hectic time of year:
Reflection activity: Grab a CD (you know those things we never use anymore…) and let them play in the sunlight coming in the window, or hand them a flashlight even! They’ll have fun by themselves, or with someone else, finding where it shines! Give two kids two CDs and have them race each other with the reflections!
- Activity 8: A naughty or nice gift from Sun Scholars
- Activity 9: Gorgeous styrofoam ornaments from Happy Hooligans
- Activity 10: Decorate a snowscape window from me!
- Activity 11: A model Christmas town from NutureStore
- Activity 12: Paper Plate Bow Wreath from Kids Stuff World
- Activity 13: Blowing Kiss Christmas card, for distant family, from Creative Family Fun
- Activity 14: A plate for Santa’s treats from Rainy Day Mum
Find all the creative countdown activities on Creative With Kids: