It’s that time of year! The kids are heading back to school and why not celebrate with some of these adorable back to school crafts for kids to make? We’ve also shared some cute back to school art projects too!
Apples and pencils and school buses, oh my! Back to school has never been this much fun! Except that this is always so much fun for the kids (and mom!).
I remember as a kid loving to get back into school. The possibilities the new year brings. The new schedule of things. Organizing all the supplies. I may have been a geek my whole life now that I think about it.
My kids love this time of heading back to school too. George is starting Kindergarten this year and is super excited, however thinks that the ‘learning’ part of school is going to be oh-so-boring. Luckily for us, his teacher is amazing and is going to make it super fun.
Back to school crafts don’t have to be just a part of school. You can do them at home too, especially before the year starts! Wouldn’t it be such a fun way to get them excited about school? And they could even take what they make into school to share with their teacher, either as a gift, or just as a ‘Hey, look what I did’.
Here’s some super fun back to school craft ideas we’ve done and found for you to try this back to school season.
Back to school crafts for kids to make
These back to school crafts are intended for the kids to make. Don’t look for perfection, but look for the process and the fun they’re having and go with it! Talk about the upcoming year ahead and what they’re most excited about.
- Apple Yarn Craft
- Apple Print Lunch Sacks
- DIY Erasers Babble Dabble Doo
- Apple Suncatchers Fireflies and Mud Pies
- Bus Painting Still Playing School
- Tissue Paper Apple The Suburban Mom
- Pencil Craft Frame Stir the Wonder
- Kissing Hand Suncatcher Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Pencil Magnets Silly Eagle Books
- Apple Tree Craft Hands On As We Grow
- Craft Stick School Bus Reading Confetti
- DIY Pencil Toppers Kids Activities Blog
- First Day of School Picture Craft Artsy Momma
- Paper Plate School Bus Glued to My Crafts
If you love those ideas, you’ll want to check out these 42 apple crafts for kids to make too.
Back to School Crafts to Make The Teacher
These back to school crafts might take some help from an adult or older sibling. These are intended to give as a gift to the teacher on the first day of school. Again, don’t worry about perfection, their teacher is going to love your child’s touch to the project.
- Back to School Bookmarks for Teacher Make and Takes
- Glue Stick Wreath I Heart Crafty Things
- Chalkboard Pencil Holder Mom Endeavors
- Back to School Apple Jars Vanessa Crafts
- Apple Print Art Meet the Dubiens
- Sharpie Bouquet Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Recycled Art Magnets Handmade Kids Art
- This Year is Going to Rule Planter Elizabeth Joan Designs
- Recycled Apple Craft No Time for Flash Cards
- Teacher Apple Mug Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Notebook Paper Tote Bag Sun Scholars
- Tissue Paper Vases Let’s Explore
- Apple Clay Jar Crafty Moods
- First Day of School Teacher Survival Kit Bee in Our Bonnet
Aren’t those back to school crafts super cute?
How common is it to take your teacher a gift at the beginning of school? I’d like to know what’s normal protocol.
Before handing if off to your teacher, be sure to snap a photo of their back to school craft to save it in their yearly display of their crafts and art projects!