In keeping with the animal theme of the Readathon, I thought I’d share some fun activities that are animal based that can be used as activity extensions for the animal books you’re reading!
The books that are available from MeMeTales free to check out this week are ‘Five Little Ducklings’ and ‘The Donkey and the Wolf’. And I love these activities that go with them.
- (below-left) ‘The Donkey and the Wolf’ activity that really gets into the book from The Usual Mayhem. Reenacting the story!
- (below-right) ‘Five Little Ducklings’ activity goes on a hunt for the ducks, just like in the book! A scavenger hunt outdoors, as well as a virtual one from photos taken. Love both of those concepts from No Twiddle Twaddle.
8 More Animal Activities from It’s Playtime!
Above, clockwise from top-left:
- Painting the dog in ‘Dog’s Colorful Day’ with everything throughout the book! A messy take on literacy from Reading Confetti!
- Role playing zoo characters that are found in ‘Dear Zoo’ from Entertaining Monsters.
- Study up on birds with Following His Lead Today.
- Sand table turned bug exploration at Familylicous.
- Butterfly art inspired by the artist Damien Hirst found at Taming the Goblin.
- Make and Takes shared an art project from B-Inspired Mama that did a sea life stamping project inspired by ‘Questions Questions’.
- We made prints in mud, animal tracks, hand prints, footprints and just plain got muddy!
- Familylicous has a swimming pool full of ocean life!
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- More information.
$36 ADD TO CART