Alright, here it is. A simple week of activities for 1 year olds.
After sharing the four general weekly planners with my incredible newsletter subscribers, I asked if they had any suggestions for new weekly planners.
By far, everyone wants to know what to do with their one year old!
Of course, there’s plenty of activities to do with 1 year olds, especially sensory activities, those are great at this age. But I try to make this a diverse week for the kids.
In each week for the activities planners, I try to include:
- a gross motor activity
- a fine motor activity
- a craft
- an art project
- an outdoor activity
- an experiment or something to get them thinking
- a family activity for Sunday
Don’t have the kids activities planner? Get it here free and use it week after week.
Monday: Outside play on a balance beam!
- 2x4s or other long pieces of wood
Tuesday: Paint with edible (easy to make) paint!
- fresh or frozen fruit
- food processor or blender
- food coloring (optional for added coloring)
- paintbrush (optional)
Wednesday: Fine motor play with ribbons
- a bottle with a wider opening (bigger than a water bottle, smaller than a peanut butter jar)
- ribbons or string
Thursday: Soapy sensory jars
- Plastic jars or bottles, any size
- dish soap or hand soap
- food coloring
- glitter (optional)
- super glue (optional)
Friday: Table art
- Art Paper or butcher paper
- Crayons or markers
- Painter’s tape
Saturday: Stacking blocks for toddlers
- Canned food from the pantry
Sunday: Family Day! Collect leaves in the park!
For many more activities for 1 year olds, try our 50 toddler activities!