Our hands on activities this week: [clockwise from top-left]
- The boys had a blast decorating [and re-decorating] this cake on the window with foam pieces! It was a great birthday decoration for George too!
- George got a little messy [imagine that!] with a shaving cream sensory activity, colored orange just for Halloween!
- It’s Playtime showcases eight gorgeous fall crafts this week! [This handprint spider from Housing a Forest is not at all creepy!]
- Reality struck last weekend that the baby’s due to arrive in less than 5 weeks. I wrote out my mental checklist of 12 things I gotta get done before the baby arrives! What am I missing?!
Pinterest is amazing for finding great posts and inspiration!
These are must reads that I found:
- I don’t know why, but I’m a sucker for tape activities. And roads are even better, because the boys can’t get enough of them. Four Plus and Angel combines the two and makes a tape road.
- I so wish our bakery would use these kind of bread tag! We just use twisties! These bread tag monsters are adorably cute from Inner Child Fun!
- A good reminder on a not so good day. Not Just Cute shares a secret. The myth of perfect parenting, or maybe the reality of what we should think is perfect parenting.
Preschool Class Project: Yarn Color Wheel
Henry’s been proud of his projects he does at preschool. So I want to start sharing them. [I have his teacher's permission to do so, thank you Ms. B for all the great ideas and letting me share them! -- There are perks to knowing the teacher personally, I guess!]
When Henry brings home a project like this, I ask him how he made it. I love how simplified he can make it, so I’m going to share that.
Well, you take the yarn and glue it to the paper plate.
After additional questions that I asked, I found out that the pieces of yarn were already cut up into the small pieces. And they could put the colors in any triangle on the paper plate, just so that they matched.
Baby Guessing Contest!
I have less than 5 weeks left in this pregnancy and I want to have some fun with the time left [and give you guys a little something for being you].
If you guess my baby’s stats the closest, you’ll win a $25 gift card to Amazon. The deadline is my baby’s arrival date. And you can ask me all the questions you want to help you get the best guesses. [Newsletter subscribers, you have a secret advantage! You can reply back and email me with questions!]