I recently read about this Comprehension Story Walk at Fairy Dust Teaching that could be adapted to most stories.
Then add the characters of the story [you and your kids, or toys that can play the part].
Depending on the story of the book, you’ll want to adjust the activity to it.
- Who said “hi” to the Little Blue Truck when he came rolling by?
- Then who drove by and Honked?
- What happened to the Big Yellow Dump Truck?
- Who helped the Dump?
- How did they get out?
[*uninterrupted : being present with the child. No technology, phones, television, computer, etc. No errands, chores, making dinner, etc.]
- A favorite story book.
- Just you and your kids, acting out the parts.
- A piece of paper with markers. Draw out the story line with your kids.
- Use toys for characters, objects in the story and so forth.
- Use your imaginations!
Share your story with us!
A badge for you to share that you’re taking part in the Play Challenge!
Share it and be proud to play!
See what this challenge is all about and how you can join in:
30 Days to Hands on Play Challenge.
Jump in at any time, or go back and start from the beginning!
Henry is 3 years.
George is 1 year.
|Head on over & check out our sponsors:|