Thanks to Quaker® Big Chewy Granola Bars for fueling (aka sponsoring) me up to do these gross motor activities with my kids!
We love to get active here. Gross motor activities are always a favorite, and its that time of year where we can get out and really get active again outdoors.
Here’s the kicker for this. I’m usually running around doing these activities with my kids, as in, actually doing the activity with them. So I’m going to challenge you to participate in the activity itself too!
What gross motor activity will you do today?
10 gross motor activities to do outside with the kids:
- Running around, flying a homemade kite.
- Rolling down the hills.
- Play hopscotch. Make it a learning experience like A Mom with a Lesson Plan, or just make it fun!
- Make a balance beam and walk the plank.
- Make big art, such as throwing ribbons!
- Go on an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Make a bike course, idea from Little Hands Big Work. (Walk through it with them, or get daring and ride your own bike through it, too.)
- Blow bubbles and chase them! Bonus: Make art like Childhood Beckons.
- Make a rope bridge to walk along, brilliant idea from Go Kid Yourself.
- Make an obstacle course to go through, Adventures at Home with Mum has a simple one to set up.
Bonus gross motor activity:
- Go to the playground and play with the kids! Climb up and go down the slides, swing on the swings, doing everything your kid does!
Phew! No wonder I’m an exhausted mom of three. Good thing I can fuel up to have energy and then refuel after spending all my energy with Quaker® Big Chewy Granola Bars. And then I’m ready for more energetic activities with the kids!
Nothing quite gets you going quite like the power of Quaker oats. Today is going to be epic. Quaker Up.™”
I seriously couldn’t get a photo of the box before it got opened. Too good to resist!
How do you refuel after being active with the kids?
Keep the fuel coming for these gross motor activities:
- Indoor Sticky Spider web
- Indoor Jumping Gam
- 30 moves for excess energy
- 40 more activities to get the kids moving
I never know what my days will have in store for me and my family, so keeping Quaker® Big Chewy Granola Bars on hand help make sure we have the fuel necessary to get the day. Now the Quaker® Big Chewy Granola Bars have chocolate drizzled on top and are 60% bigger – perfect for my hungry family!
Share what activities you need fuel for everyday and see other stories on Everyday Health.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Fill every week with activities using the planner.
Receive access to the free activity planner and keep the fun going! You'll also receive activities every week in your email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Do you browse Pinterest and pin activities......but find that you never actually do them with you kids?
I created these activity plans that are actually doable and a super quick way to be more present with my kids.
Get the complete resource of activities: Activity plans that are doable and a super quick way to be present with your kids. Click here for more information.